API Getting Star Information

IIRC, somewhere in the forums, Jay has said that he does not want bots to play the game.
So all playing and clicking should be manual.

So I think that means it should be OK to use a remote presence to do mouse clicks. HA HA !!

You might find this unofficial summary useful: neptunesfolly/api.txt at master Ā· ekimekim/neptunesfolly Ā· GitHub

He leaves out how to login which looks like this if youā€™re using Python:

login_req = requests.post(
    'http://triton.ironhelmet.com/arequest/login',
    data={
        'type': 'login',
        'alias': 'myusername',
        'password': 'mypassword'
    }
)

To get galaxy data use the cookies from the above request:

galaxy_req = requests.post(
    'http://triton.ironhelmet.com/grequest/order', 
    data={
        'type': 'order', 
        'order': 'full_universe_report', 
        'version': '7', 
        'game_number': '123456789'
    }, 
    cookies=login_req.cookies
)

Wow, you guys are doing amazing stuff, I really wish I had some time to help with this, and infact I will make time soon.

Iā€™m just really focused on Blight right now because if it can be a success I can stay in business and wonā€™t have to go get a real job. If Blight crashes and burns Iā€™ll be in a bit of trouble so Iā€™m super focused on trying to make it good right now.

Real jobs suck, take it from me. Keep living the dream!

Thanks all, very helpful!

Hey all, anyone make any progress on using Neptuneā€™s Pride API? Iā€™d love to build a tool to track and publish game stats, especially a Civ-style time lapse for the map. Not finding much info about how to grab this data though.

@JayKyburz are there any plans of documenting this? Even in a very rudimentary way (where to pass the token: eg query string, post variable, HTTP bearer token? And the endpoint names, I can find the actual format of data returned through trial and error). I would still really really like an easy way of retrieving either my own data or the public data.

Sorry @rubberband I have been meaning to do this. I wanted to set up a proper system so I could track how much activity is being used this way before opening it up to everybody.

Just want to make sure that my servers dont get hammered by accident and I end up with a big bill each month.

What I will probably do is have some way to generate an API key that is sent along with the data, then limit how many API calls can be made per day or per hour or something.

This API seems to no longer be working. All I get now is:

HTTP response status code 302: URL redirection

Sorry. Probably when I forced Hppts for all requests

THIS!

This Idea sounds so crazy and fun.
Maybe we would need some kind of review-process to make sure a bot wont spam or play unfairā€¦

I just think about how one could add some of the chat-bot-hype to that idea. That could be fun to develop

On the combat calculator share a new thread with your evidence. I have never seen it make a calculation error.

Neptuneā€™s Pride Agent already extracts all the info from the game. Its source can be used as an example for how to do it. Or you can use the gameā€™s API key to get JSON objects directly, search for the thread. You can ask me questions on discord if you have specific questions, but try reading the API documentation first.

Aside from NPA, which I think is the most convenient for users, there is the pre-existing np2stats tool as well. You might want to try or review these tools so that you can add new functionality and avoid duplicating existing effort.

O.

This is useful information. I wanted to recommend Blazzio to you if you want to pass the time and have fun at your leisure. You will find a lot of interesting things there.