August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

@Trucriot - awesome - would be great to have someone else making maps … and organizing tournaments! :wink:

@panblanco - added you to the sub list

@Kaine - I’ve got the upper hand on 'ya, but anything can happen.

@Kaine and I just finished our game - 162 ticks done in under 30 hours! :wink:

He hadn’t played turn-based before … so while this was a bit of a “rough” introduction, he said it was fun … and hats off to him for keeping the turns going! :wink:

I see that everyone else has joined their games … so hopefully you can start cranking out the turns. Again, please report results here and I’ll update the first post as the wins trickle in.

1 Like

Yes, I’d definitely say one’s first turn-based game being a 1v1 against HULK is quite the rough introduction! :upside_down_face:

@Kaine - let me know if you’d be interested in participating in the “second chance cup” discussed earlier.

Looks like all the games (except one) are proceeding along at a decent pace - good job keeping things moving.

1 Like

If i lose, i´ll probly lose, id join the ¨second chance cup¨

1 Like

Too early to tell, but as I’d also want to join the 2CC in case of losing, that means one more person joining it regardless of outcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done to Solfyre for taking me down, I conceded after some horrible errors meant there was no coming back. Its a very different version of the game and I learnt alot, thanks Hulk for setting it up!

Thanks for playing @Ramjet - hope you had fun. @Solfyre is really tough - just before the tournament, we played a 1v1 to test out his (great) idea of cheap banking … and he SMASHED the HULK! We did a rematch and I took 'em … but in our current rubber match, he’s winning.

I’ve updated the first post … and also took the liberty of marking @Karmadrome down for a WIN against @Lamina since he is just one star away from victory.

Good making those SUBMITS to move the games/tournament along.

Our game is over. It was @Lamina’s first 1v1 and it’s a tough format to get started in…
@Lamina made a few early mistakes and I took advantage. It’s difficult to claw it back from there.
GG @Lamina and good luck in the second chance cup if you enter.

1 Like

GG. It was fun. And thanks.

Thanks @Ramjet. Was fun playing with you! Hopefully you have better luck next time. :slight_smile:

I would love to @Trucriot

1 Like

@DarkDragonwing and @Golden_Ace appear to be having a humdinger of a game … pretty much dead even at Tick#186.

Good job guys keeping the pace up … hopefully some of the other games that aren’t moving so fast won’t go as long will end up being … otherwise, we might be finishing this tournament in 2021! :wink:

big problem is the different hours. he’s in Europe while I’m in the U.S. a few times we can do several moves but each of us need to work and sleep. when He’s free, I’m asleep or working and vice versa.

Happy to report a win in my first 1v1 game. We had a pretty fast-paced game with a few key moments.

Thanks for the fun experience and the quick turnaround, @Nassau! And all the best for you in the second chance cup.

I’ll start planning and organizing the 2CC closer to the general wrap-up of the first round and will ping eligible players then. @HULK, could you note in your OP somewhere for people who notice(d) this thread too late for the main tournament that there’s still the option to join the second chance cup? On second thought, given the interest expressed so far, this is not necessary.

Thanks it was a bit of a learning experience for me

Im interested. Is this second chance cup connect to the august tourney or a separate thing?

Too slow and missed it. Is there enough people who missed to have another 16 with a Grand Final playoff between the two?

That’d be fun…

Unfortunately, there’s only a one-way connection from the main August tournament to the 2CC, so it will be running separately after the first round is over. However, be prepared for an EPIC September tournament :wink:

I originally wanted to shoot for eight players in the 2CC, if we exceed that number an additional first round for the late-joiners will be implemented.

So far these players have expressed explicit interest:

Main-joiners: @Nassau - @Kaine - @Axson - @DarkDragonwing (tbd)
Late-joiners: @panblanco - @SuperDave - @Dysp - @bythejatz - @John14-6