Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Thanks for those two issues. I will see if I can get to them today.

A couple of hours after I reported the Dread Knight issue one of them started moving by the way. Donā€™t know if youā€™d already done something or whether it just decided to go on a wander afterall.

Iā€™m also seeing the Ent bug as of about ten minutes ago, though Iā€™m not even getting the +10 strength others have reported. The game (almost over) is Blight of the Immortals and the Ent in question is [[338]] (right in the middle in the south).

I have seen Dread Knights start to move today though, which is nice! Much more of a nuisance when they actually attack you instead of just hanging out collecting zombies forever!

:smiley:

Hydra Lord description text says the Hydra Lord will open battle with a ranged attack dealing X * 600 damage, where X is the number of Hydra. In a stack with 2 hydra, Hydra Lordā€™s description still only read 600 damage and appears to only inflict 600 ranged damage prior to battle. Description text or calculation should be changed to align.

Likely something related to the recent Hero vs. Unit change I bet. My first instinct was that he was now a hero and that the card text hadnā€™t been updated, but I see quite clearly that he is in fact a unitā€¦ interestingā€¦

Several times in my current game, Iā€™ve activated the Entā€™s Savage Behemoth, and it added no strength. Example attached

Apologies ItsaBing, the Ents have been having some issues in the last few days. New ents deployed should be good now.

I think the recent change that meant the zombies are more likely to defend their graveyards has had some unintended consequences on game-play.

Weā€™ve just started a multiplayer ( Blight of the Immortals ) on the Barren Plateau scenario on Normal difficulty. The zombies, despite having a dayā€™s head-start didnā€™t move at all for that head-start day, or for about another day after. Itā€™s meant that weā€™ve all had plenty of time to gather our troops and get into position. We are about to destroy the second of the starting graveyards before the zombies have taken a single village, and it looks like we will wrap this game up without the zombies having ever posed any serious threat at all.

My assumption is that this strange behaviour is down to the recent ā€˜more likely to protect graveyardsā€™ change. If so, I think it has fundamentally affected the premise of the game - zombies expanding and infecting and a mad scramble to pull troops together to contain the infection before it gets out of control. At the moment the zombies are containing themselves for us, giving us plenty of time to stroll along and knock them out at our leisure. Perhaps there is something else going on, but it seems likely itā€™s down to this change.

I do support the need to make it more difficult to destroy graveyards, as otherwise the flying units just have it way too easy, but not at the expense of the unending expansion of the blight, as surely this is the whole point, and indeed thematically the zombies overriding urge is surely to mindlessly head towards the flesh rather than having any strategic thought processes that consider protection of onesā€™s own. Perhaps an alternative solution is that the zombies still expand as normal, but one or two ā€˜confusedā€™ zombies always stick around a graveyard meaning there is at least some risk to the grave burners. Maybe they couldnā€™t find their way out or got stuck in a ditch or something. Stupid zombies.

Anyway, I am speculating on the cause of the strange behaviour, but weā€™re 2.5 days in and the zombies havenā€™t made it to a single orc village yet. Something is up.

1 Like

My dragon just vanished. Completely. Battle log shows win. And yet thereā€™s no dragon. At all. You could imagine my frustration.

@Anderty You can still lose units in a battle you win. Have you read the help pages that describe the combat mechanic? Hereā€™s the salient part:

When the battle begins, the total Might of each side is calculated and compared.

Might = Population x Strength

The side with the largest Might automatically wins the combat and all of the losing sideā€™s units are completely destroyed.

The winning army suffers casualties based on how much larger it was than the losing army. The larger your army, the less casualties you will suffer in combat.

If the loser was 90% the size of the winning army, then each individual in the winning army has a 90% chance of being destroyed.

If the loser had been only 50% the size of the army, each winner would have a 50% chance of surviving the combat.

So there is always a risk in engaging in combat, and this is particularly acute with the single population units as it is either keep the whole unit, or lose the whole unit, whereas the multi-pop units youā€™ll likely only lose a percentage of the units.

do you want cosmetic bugs reported at the moment or are they just a distraction (currently thinking of about 1 time in 5 if you tell a unit to move it isnā€™t shown as moving until you refresh the browser, I can try to figure out more details if wished)

Hello!
Iā€™m new to the game and Iā€™m playing Siege of Twin Peaks for the first time. To me it looks like the valor can be used for mana and gold but thereā€™s a snag. Canā€™t get no gold!

On line 4327 of blight.628.min.js thereā€™s a mis-spelling: univease instead of, Iā€™m guessing, universe. This breaks the onBazaarBuyGold function and all I see in the UI is ā€œBuyingā€ when I click the button to turn valor into gold.

Hope the fix is as easy as it looks!

Cheers,
/Grond

Thanks Rick. I will look into this as soon as I sort out the gold buying issue.

Sorry I added some new feedback for those purchases yesterday, but must have busted gold. Will try and fix asap.

Yes please. That sounds more than a cosmetic bug.

Plus Penny and I are starting to move onto new big features like team games, upgrading cards, and achievements so we want to get the basic game solid too.

Sorry Anderty! Its sux to lose a big unit! Does the battle log show the dragon have losses.

Also, if you were fighting zombie dragons, they explode after the combat doing damage, but that effect goes into the event log rather than the battle log.

okay bunch of bugs then (if any of these arent clear from text i will stop being lazy and figure out how to put a screen shot up)
all bugs are on chromium on linux Version (49.0.2623.75 Built on 8.3, running on Debian 8.3 (64-bit)), can try to test them elsewhere, but i think ive seen most in other browsers

most of these I think have the same root cause

when abilities come off cooldown the time remaining doesnā€™t switch back to being able to use them, just leaves an unclickable area (cant remember if its blank or says ā€œrestoring forā€), until refreshing the browser

when a unit finishes a 5% step along a line it doesnā€™t move and the step eta is ā€œprogress x% - step:ā€, until refreshing the browser

if the browser window is open when a unit moves into a town you are unable buy the town with valor, until you refresh the browser

if 2 units move onto the same 5% area where you could merge you have to refresh the browser to do so

I think but cant swear to it that a newly trained troop doesnā€™t appear until you refresh the browser

as you can imagine Iā€™ve ended up refreshing the browser a fair amount

other bugs that come to mind

after leaving a window open for a long time using an ability teleports all units to their new location - I suspect this is linked to the browser getting updated data & the 5% bugs above

the intermittent not saying a unit is moving when it is one, unsure what causes it, will pay more attention (perhaps related to giving a unit a order then changing it?)

rarely clicking on a unit wont bring up its data sheet, seems to be related to the previous point, often they seem to bug out at the same time, fixed by refreshing the window

giving a unit an order to continue along the same path but shorter (via clicking ā€œclear pathā€ resets the step progress - resulting in the same path taking longer)

the orcs shaman? ability to burn bodies puts target circles on the villages not the graveyard areas, which case me to click in the wrong place and think it was broken for a while

if I find more issues like this is it helpful to list them now or is this sort of stuff a later polish phase?, Also feel free to ask for more details, this was all off the top of my head.

1 Like

more cosmetic bugs

the settlement screen timers donā€™t count down unlike every other timer

gold doesnā€™t appear after a production cycle until you refresh the browser

I think in trades the item traded doesnā€™t appear until you refresh the browser

Whoaā€¦ strange ones.
Well, As someone told, I knew how battles happen, I just didnā€™t know, how to figure out, when both sides are devastated. In combat log, it is kinda uncertain, that ā€œsouls leftā€ means ā€œalive leftā€. Of course, it makes sense, yet it is unclear for the first time you look at combat log.
Interesting, so, technically, hydra could regrown cut-out head with new 2 ones, but it is not typed in info? (for lulz). X)

Another cosmetic issue
If you cast enchanted light on a zombie stack it says strength Ā±4 , in my opinion it would look neater just to say -4

(please say if these cosmetic bug reports become too much)