Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Just wondering when i use the Dwarven Artillery (str 500 atk as a range) why i get no valour even thought I’ve destroyed the zombies? As it states by destroying them i should be rewarded the valour or even by injuring them to that extent i should get some valour because I am in fact “destroying” the zombies. Currently in a multiplayer game I’m in i have used this 3 times now and gotten no valour. 2 times i weakened an opponent and the 3 i flat our killed a group that should have got me ~3 valour. Not sure if this is a bug or something I’ve failed to miss in my readings but i appreciate any information.

Another similar issue is getting valour for burning bodies. This isn’t as clear as above ability use so could be purposeful.

@JayKyburz

I can’t access larger Blight games using Chrome. The screen just goes black and I don’t why. There are moments when the game loads, but I do not know the pattern to repeat the action. Please help me.

@bill08816 I’m haing the same issue. I will look at it as soon as I get back to Canberra!

A few months ago when I developed the feature I was thinking you shouldn’t , but I agree with you that you should.

I will add this as a high priporty as soon as im home.

Burning bodies is a little diffrent. I’m not sure I want to reward valour for doing it. There is reward enough simply becuase there will be no zombies spawning there!

Thank you for the consideration on this point! My thought here is that in a game where it is very easy for the zombies to over power your armies you should not be penalized for using ranged tactics. By using range to dwindle their numbers this allows you to use a kiting strategy which could help win games. The problem that arises from no valour is that when you are killing these zombies you gain nothing from your efforts.

Yeah, I was having a lot of fun the other day getting huge elf armies rolling and killing heaps of guys at range. It is actually a lot better than hitting them with melee because you suffer damage.

We need some more guys that provde another saving throw for the army they are with.

1 Like

Ok another question I am hoping for more clarification on is when taking over the special areas, such as hydra pools, spider dens, dragon layers, etc, are we supposed to be able to create more of them? For example i take over a hydra pool and pay 16 valour, a hefty sum, once that one hydra dies I cannot make more. Yet there are 5 more hydras at the pool and if the zombies get them they are able to spawn all 5.

The thing that I’m confused on is if there is supposed to be a “training” option like there is for the other towns we capture. I assume it would cost 2750 to train as it is stated on the card. If so then it is missing and I have been unable to do it for a few games now. Specifically in the game maps: Wildriver Run and The Iron Crown; I haven’t been able to join the Queen’s Maul map. If this for balancing reasons and is not a feature then no problem I just didn’t find where that was stated.

As a side note your help guide in game is not navigable. When going to the “Hero’s & Armies” the -Building a Deck, Deploying a Hero, Volunteers, and Heroes in the Bazaar- sections don’t display any information nor can you click on them.

Hey Kronman,

Up until now I have been thinking that you would have to “collect” a hydra card before you deploy another Hydra, but I think that’s really disappointing and not what players expect so will add the ability to train an army there during the week this week.

Sorry I’m still writing it. I’ll try and fill in a new section each week :smile:

1 Like

another bug i just so happened to notice; when using the unit -elf name: beacon of life - his ability did not work porperly. He was stacked with “Dark Forest Witch” and “Dispelinator” on the Skirmish map “Prosperous Valley”. I was trying to spawn the elvish beserkers to his location and it failed because Becaon of Life was not working. I removed him from the stack and this resolved the issue. Very small bug but wanted to let you know.

Thanks Kronman. There is one of those banner guys for each race so I will try and fix it soon.

Jay.

More Things I found.

When I have won the past 2 games (multiplayer) it gives me my congrats and tells me I’ve won 4 hero coins. Since I signed up for premium I figured my coins were doubled; which when i check they did (I went from 17 to 25). Either way this is was not accurately being reported to me at the victory screen. *edit Found that this was stated at the bottom of that victory screen and I just missed it.

Also If i click the “Online Store” it sends me to a “Page Not Found; card_store”. On the victory screen. Something else to look at. I will keep letting you know about anything I find. Also created a game for “Dust” which is listed as 6 players but only had enough space for maybe 2 or 4 players. Either way this map only allowed 2 people to place.

Also thanks for adding in that ranged valour! now the larger maps are much more feasible.

I seem to have found an issue with the Goblin card “The Tinker”. It states on the card that “you earn 0 gold for every body burnt in a battlefield graveyard.” Do you really earn no gold? Might be a typo for a 10 gold earnings.

Hello, found an odd glitch on the Marsh Stomp map. It would seem that between the tile [[59]] and Piratesfen that you can cross the water with any unit. This section does not have an appropriate image for being able to do that. This is confusing when trying to setup a defensive position. You would just need to put in a rock bridge image to resolve this issue. As further point of reference its near Noonmoss and Orange Pool; but specifically crossing from Piratesfen over the river onto the land with Orange Pool.

Thanks. probably not supposed to move through there. I will fix now.

I’ve encountered a bug with the winds of chaos ability from the pirate captain, sometimes when it is affecting zombie elves it actually increases their strength instead of decrease. Hopefully i’ve done this right, thought it’d be better to have a screenshot since the stacks with it might die before it gets viewed. http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t647/Mirage8462/vlcsnap-2015-12-09-09h11m48s181_zpsujq0ogth.png~original let me know if theres a problem viewing the screenshot.

Thanks for reporting. I will look into this now!

Found what I was doing wrong here.

I recently changed the code so that if you give a unit a buff that it already has, rather than deleting the old one and creating a new one, it simply extends the end time of the old one.

This was a problem on this spell because I invert the strength bonus for elves. so 1 becomes -1 when you first cast it, but it becomes 1 again when it’s cast a second time. If you do it a third time it will go -1 again probably.

I will upload a new build later tonight.

Thanks again for reporting.

1 Like

I recently changed the code so that if you give a unit a buff that it already has, rather than deleting the old one and creating a new one, it simply extends the end time of the old one.

Ah! This explains the odd “Call Out the Dead” behavior I had a couple of days ago. I had a second Knight cast it on a zombie group that was already under the effect from a knight on the other side (it was going to expire soon and I wasn’t going to be up to recast at that time). Instead of coming towards the new caster (which was the direction it was going anyway), it suddenly did an about face and went after the original caster for the next twelve hours.