#BRINGBACK64! (64 Game Resurrection Petition)

Still like many weary players want the old 64p game back. Although I am beginning to despair of ever playing another. I’m permanently ill and at 68 years old unlikely to live that much longer so it seems likely that the lost master game will return in time for me.

And it’s the RTS, NP2, 64p I want back. Accept no substitutes!

2 Likes

@JayKyburz

If you could replicate the Trident rules in the Proteus interface I think I would be fine with that (if that will solve the resource load issue). You could even make it easy to turn on and off Proteus features in the create game interface. I, like @Chumbles, just still very much like the Trident rules and want a way to keep playing them.

-Nick

2 Likes

I am playing in the LESSER galaxies of the INFERIOR new races. We are not impressed by a mere 31 other enemies. Disgraceful and small. Wars for multi-galactic conquest were of a greater and more serious scale in the Elder Days!

6 Likes

Dang it Jay. You still haven’t brought back the 64 games. I miss playing them. Please try to think of a solution to bring it back.

#BRINGBACK64!

3 Likes

How about one of those limited event 64s you mentioned, Jay? Would that be workable?

3 Likes

You can add my name to the list in favor of the 64 player games.

I echo the complaint with the 32 player or two neighbor galaxy map setup. It forces allies to work overtop of each other and doesn’t really provide much opposition once a strong alliance is established. Still fun, but not as complex. Typically just turns into a 4 person alliance with two guys heading around the circle (outer/inner rim) one way and the other two going the opposite direction.

1 Like

I think this is worth bumping Jay. I’ve been playing lots of games the past couple weeks and I’m seeing the 32 player games fill up every day if not two days. There’s 100% enough demand to fill the 64 player games up and I’d absolutely love to start playing them again.

3 Likes

“Yes, please!”
The 64 game is EPIC!! Please bring it back!

PyroDré

3 Likes

Yes, please!

3 Likes

Yes, please!
The 64 game is EPIC!! Please bring it back!

3 Likes

Maybe a 64 player game during the Covid-19 shutdown?

3 Likes

There is perhaps a global economic recession due to COVID-19. Many people are finding ways to stay home or work remotely & play from home.

I am currently aware of ten 32-player games in progress.

3 Likes

Which is why we should have a 64 player game…

NP Coronavirus quarantine: 64 player mayhem!

3 Likes

@xjhdexter, put the pressure on jay! Make it happen! :smile:

1 Like

From only those 32-player games that I am aware of (and I do not know whether I missed a few?), the trend seems to suggest that the wait time to fill games began decreasing around 2 or 3 weeks ago, which is about the time when many countries gave out orders for stay-at-home or quarantines. This economic downturn could continue for many months, and more people will want to play games.

Hopefully @JayKyburz could add Three Neighbors map 64E , since we have not yet played a galactic map with five loops before.

I do not know Jay’s status. His most recent twitter post was JAN 7.

4 Likes

Exactly. And not even just the recession, but orders to stay at home really make NP a lot more appealing. When I know I’ll be working from home for the next few months I’ve got no problems hopping in several games since I can check constantly throughout the day (with no boss looking over my shoulder lol).

If @JayKyburz is open to discussion maybe there’s a way the community can take on the computing load for the larger games? Or even open for donations – I’d have no trouble dropping a few bucks to have 64 player games back.

4 Likes

I’ll see if I can get my NP dev environment back up this after noon and look at how much work it would be to re-enable the games.

Things are a bit hectic here with the kids being home and 2 parents trying to full time as well. I’ll see what I can do.

9 Likes

Totally understandable. No pressure at all, but it would be fun :slight_smile:

Seconded, but take care of you and yours first, Jay.

I’m bumping this; I played and won in the last 64p game to finish - I know at least one guy who would be prepared to work on the code and host a server - we’ve slowly been working towards a utilities support server based on his work with the API and my guide to playing the game. Like Jay we’re hampered by RL pressures, but that’s our direction of travel. And we will get there …

I’m 70 and in the severe risk category so a 64p game before I get to fight my final battle would be nice.

6 Likes