Duelling tournament

I wonder whether these games’ hyperlinks might be posted for spectators ?
Or could this be bad, and might allow outside players to unfairly influence the decisions of the gladiators ?

Spectators can’t actually see anything useful unfortunately. I wish we had the replay system, then you could watch the game play back over time after the event.

I’ve decided I would like to play. To hell with it, Blight of the Immortals can just run even later.

Do we have 16 yet?

1 Like

Thats fine, it will be you V @Ahamkara :smile:

Actually, if the URL’s of the game are shared (and it’s not a Dark Galaxy), you can see the star layout … which all players can see anyway. I assumed that they were just going to be posted here anyway for all to see.

Bonus points Jay if you can tweak the code so that people can see the Stats of the players - that’s public info so no reason not to have that viewable. I’ve tried clicking on a player icon in previous games and it just tells me the game is full.

Glad to have you join the duel … LDG deserves an “Organizer” badge for setting this up! :wink:

LDG, can you jump into this game and see if the settings are as you want them.

Speaking of statistics, I have been working on a 3rd party tool to gather and display statistics for NP2. It’s not finished or polished yet, but it is functional to be used with the dual matches (and with any other NP2 games).

If at least one player of each dual match will register to the tool and share the stats here it would be easy to track the progress. I will of course be updating the stats for my dual game and posting the link for it as soon as the game starts. If anyone else wants to use it to post the progress, please try it out
at: http://np2stats.dysp.info
Code to register: welcometonp2stats

Example stats of my test game: NP2 stats
Example of team stats: NP2 stats

If you have any further questions / ideas / feedback about the tool itself please PM me or open a new thread here in the forums. Let’s keep this one about the dual matches.

1 Like

I can’t see what you have set for warpgates and tech for some reason but as far as the layout is yes that’s prefect. :smiley:

We have 14 at the moment, which would leave an odd number in the next tier. Ideally we can get another pair by Sunday if not then the loosing player from the longest running game, the person who took the most ticks to lose, will also go through to the next tier.

I’d like to join if there is time/space for me.

If we can get one more person than that will be fine, if not we are unfortunately at an odd number.

With 14 you’d have an odd number round 2 anyway, no? Why not randomize one person to have a by round 1, or randomize one person to play against two opponents?

I will advertise that there is one player left and well see if we can get 16.

If I get some free time I’ll try and make the games today.

Jay

1 Like

Still looking for entry #16? I’m in if so, though I’m not optimistic after the last tournament I entered!

1 Like

Great it will be Samireland V Kexsel as the last pair :smiley:

I’m going to start a new thread for the first round.

Hurray, good luck to you, samireland!

What time exactly are we planning on starting?

The games are set up so now you and your partner can play in whatever pace suits you both :slight_smile:

Hello,

are there any places left? I would love to give this a try.

Cheers

1 Like

Same goes here

We are full for this Tourney I’m afraid.