Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 02/2022]

My new plan is to secure victory by submitting turns as fast as possible. :smiley:
Quantity beats quality :smiley:

Still need to ensure quality, otherwise it’s just securing a fast loss :wink:

Just concluded my game with @SummerSiren2331 (aka Core C3). We had a weird ass map with an unusually high and well placed random gates. A couple key new ones and early range 2 meant i could get a lot of ships to the front super quickly, and then the early gains carried me through. Well fought though just a weird quirk of the map made it so quick!

I won. @Satirael delayed research of Range2 and went for early gates instead. For a short time it gave me control over the west half of the map. He managed to kick me out later, but it cost to much. All metrics were even except one: ships count. I had 50% ships advantage and used it to gain ground.

Yeah turned out that was a mistake, at least for the map we played on, well capitalized on your advantage @wint3ermute ! Learned a few things as well, so hopefully I’ll do better in my next match.

@Generic - @MLaZz - @Kaine - @SteelyPhil - @OneBlue - @BlueChicken - @iippabella - @sarcophagus - @PanzerSherman - @SummerSiren2331 - @tenerezu - @limemaster - @DarkDragonwing - @Grayman

As the Flying Swiss is closing in on its last regular round, don’t forget to check out the latest LLL round for more 1v1 fun - just a one-game commitment and a slower pace with one starting star against a player on a similar level. The next round after that will only come in two months. One day left to sign up!

My game with @Macomber just concluded. I was able to build some early warp gates to be able to swing around both flanks early in the game. I might not have been able to hold them indefinitely, but long enough to snag the advantage and the win. Thanks @Macomber

1 Like

uh i sort of accidently quit the game at some point and I just realized when i tried to submit a turn.I think the bot will probably still win in time even though my opponent isn’t submitting turns.
Edit: i just noticed i won tho idk will you count it as panzers win because i quit therefore lost first?

@Solfyre played well and my empire folded like a wet napkin in the face of his onslaught. Thank you for the brief but stimulating game. He indeed made good use of warp gates to secure the flanks of the map as he expanded. I made the key mistake of throwing away ships in the early game as I tried to take control of the centre - these were futile efforts as my opponent had ensured he had enough ships there to defend. I realized later those ships would’ve been better spent pushing out to the flanks which were still, at that early point, contested. Once he gained control of them, warp gates were placed and the writing was on the wall for my looming defeat as he racked up his star count and overwhelmed thinly defended border areas.

I prioritized industry while my foe went more for economy - a fact that would’ve really caused me trouble had the game gone on longer. However, in the shorter term I had more ships but somewhat neutralized that advantage with these fruitless kinds of attacks. An area of improvement for me is understanding when an attack will succeed or when it is wiser to bide my time and move around to seek a more advantageous moment. Thanks for your tips in this area, @Solfyre.

Your win. It’s a pretty obvious case looking at the stars. Hoping @PanzerSherman will be back and more active in the 4th round!

Hey @Trucriot this Swiss tournament looks super fun! Would greatly appreciate an @mention next time you run one.

Thanks, glad to hear it looks fun! I pinged you in the previous LLL thread among the other participants in February - limiting myself to pinging only the most recent tournament participants in both formats so I don’t annoy people too much. Hope to see you join next time!

Oops my bad for missing it then! I’ll look forward to the next one.

Congrats to @iippabella for taking the victory in our last game! It was very fun and tough game with quite a few “Gotcha now!” moments, followed with even more “Huh, got me good on this one”.

@iippabella was always able to keep the upper hand in tech and industry but somehow I managed to hold on for most of the game. But with every turn I had a harder job of keeping incoming ships at bay.

Thanks for the game @iippabella!

Thanks for the game. There were some great wrap gate moves on @MLaZz part but I managed to keep the advantage in industry and tech that I gained early on. All in all I the game was well played on both parts.

Seems @Generic must’ve had some stuff happen irl as he’s missed three turns now and if he misses another one I’ll have enough stars to win. A shame as the game war fairly close before that with me having a slight lead, hoping everything is alright on his end and maybe we’ll get a proper rematch at some point down the line.

I managed to edge out @limemaster in game 37 - my opponent made some epic raids behind my lines, but in the end my ship numbers began to count. I got lucky with one initial skirmish which gave me a slightly better map position after the early rush. Thanks for the game!

I came out victorious against @tenerezu I believe my early focus on Manufacturing and a few early Warp gates allowed me to get a strong hold on the Eastern stars for constant attacks, while I just hunkered down and defended the West.

@limemaster took the victory in our long-running, home-star-swapping game. Well played, it was a fun game to the end.

I just took the win against @SteelyPhil. It was looking to be a good match, but then they seemed to go AFK, conceding at tick 92.