Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 02/2022]

I won. But don’t underestimate my opponent. SteelyPhil made me work hard and gamble along the way. Good game.

You’re being too kind. I got smoked, but it won’t happen again.

I just finished my game against @MLaZz and took the victory after a tough battle. He fought very well in his very first 1v1 and I really had to put in my best play.

I really enjoyed our game! Good luck for your next game, but I guess or opponent will need more luck :wink:

Also congrats to @DarkDragonwing from my side of the map, I really enjoyed this game.

As I understand it, you may use an alt to join the second round, however, the alt must join with the name “OneBlue” since that is your forum name.

IIRC, I believe that Jay’s servers checks to ensure that two separate player accounts are not using the same in-game alias in any currently running games.

I believe that @Trucriot may allow the same @OneBlue player to use an alt account as long as you declare your different in-game alias 1Blue as a reminder each time. Most likely, in the future you may prefer @OneBlue to be in tournaments, and then use 1Blue in other games, which might make it easier for Trucriot to track you in the 1v1 np2 world rankings .

I managed to pick up the win against @sarcophagus with early warp gates. The initial momentum was hard to overcome. Thanks for the game @sarcophagus !

1 Like

Thus, the first round concluded early. Congrats to everyone for the fast plays.

Tournament Table after Round 1
# Player Won BH₂ BH₁ Pts
1 Solfyre 1 4.00 0.00 4
2 plug 1 4.00 0.00 4
3 DarkDragonwing 1 4.00 0.00 4
4 wint3ermute 1 4.00 0.00 4
5 Dr_Gaming 1 4.00 0.00 4
6 BelSon 1 4.00 0.00 4
7 Macomber 1 4.00 0.00 4
8 limemaster 1 4.00 0.00 4
9 Generic 1 4.00 0.00 4
10 Kaine 1 4.00 0.00 4
11 Skilly146 1 4.00 0.00 4
12 Satirael 1 4.00 0.00 4
13 iippabella 0 0.00 4.00 0
14 sarcophagus 0 0.00 4.00 0
15 gaz123 0 0.00 4.00 0
16 MLaZz 0 0.00 4.00 0
17 SteelyPhil 0 0.00 4.00 0
18 OneBlue 0 0.00 4.00 0
19 Demikus 0 0.00 4.00 0
20 BlueChicken 0 0.00 4.00 0
21 PanzerSherman 0 0.00 4.00 0
22 SummerSiren2331 0 0.00 4.00 0
23 tenerezu 0 0.00 4.00 0
24 Grayman 0 0.00 4.00 0

Due to the Swiss seeding, the match-ups in the second round will be much more competitive for everyone, so brace yourselves. Latest Top28 World ranks are in brackets - I appreciate all the country submissions since last round!

1. @Solfyre [US-2] vs. @plug [GB-3]
  2. @DarkDragonwing [DE-5] vs. @wint3ermute [DE-7]
  3. @Dr_Gaming [RS-8] vs. @BelSon [AU-12]
  4. @Macomber [CA-13] vs. @limemaster [21]
  5. @Generic [GR-25] vs. @Kaine [27]
  6. @Skilly146 [US] vs. @Satirael [DK]
  7. @iippabella vs. @sarcophagus
  8. @gaz123 vs. @MLaZz [SI]
  9. @SteelyPhil vs. @OneBlue [AM]
  10. @Demikus [US] vs. @BlueChicken
  11. @SummerSiren2331 [US] vs. @PanzerSherman
  12. @tenerezu [MX] vs. @Grayman

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=77

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game with your forum username by February 28, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by March 12 as possible.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

1 Like

@Trucriot and @plug our map is looking pretty weird. Im not sure its a stalemate situation, just weird gaps and a very low total star count with lots of the stars out in no mans land. I’d like to get your take on it before we commit.

Sure, if plug agrees with it being too stalematey I can generate a few more maps again later to find a better one. From the outside I thought the middle layer with Hyper 2 requirement on two departure stars could make for some interesting gameplay with a few key decisions potentially proving decisive.

3 games have already started, good stuff guys!

I’m easy either way - it would certainly be a strange map to play, but in a way quite interesting. I’m happy for you to decide for us @Trucriot, unless you’d definitely rather mulligan @Solfyre?

Well played, brother. The amazing expansion, rightly placed warps, well deserved victory. Looking forward to the next game with you. Thank you @Solfyre

Interesting sure. I would just worry about really big ship build ups since there aren’t many stars to defend. I’m not sure it would showcase skilled play as much as it would take a lucky/bold move to take control.

I’d prefer a map with a few more options to be sure. But I also don’t want to shut this one down if you really like it. I need to be willing to play and be successful on any map if I want to be at the top end of the leaderboard.

In which case, let’s switch to another map - I’m fine with that. @Trucriot - are you able to signpost us to a new galaxy please? Thanks

Okay, just created and checked ten more maps. The last one should finally work out to be an interesting game with many options, have fun in the Top3 showdown @Solfyre/@plug.

Thanks @Trucriot - we’re both in and set to go.

Thank you @Trucriot ! I know you probably spend a lot of time making maps. I appreciate it!

@Dysp joined the game that plug and I were going to bail on… How do i get out of that map? Will anything bad happen if i just concede, @Trucriot ?

You could ask @Dysp , since he created the np2stats tool gaming aid for tournaments.

Please let us know what happens. I guessing there is probably no harm. Do you have the time to play an extra 1v1 friendly game against Dysp ?

I wish. Alas i am stretched very thin currently.

I did ask him in game too. Although i haven’t heard back.