Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 02/2022]

All good, don‘t worry! It was a nice game so far.

Fourth and final round before the semi-finals! Only 10 players still have a chance for the semi-final spots, but all the following matches are still important as each outcome may be decisive due to the tiebreaker rules (see above):

1. @wint3ermute [DE-6] vs. @Dr_Gaming [RS-7]
  2. @Solfyre [US-2] vs. @DarkDragonwing [DE-5]
  3. @plug [GB-3] vs. @Generic [GR-14]
  4. @BelSon [AU-12] vs. @iippabella [28]
  5. @Kaine [23] vs. @BlueChicken [US-27]
  6. @Macomber [CA-13] vs. @Satirael [DK]
  7. @limemaster [17] vs. @Skilly146 [US]
  8. @SteelyPhil vs. @sarcophagus
  9. @MLaZz [SI] vs. @SummerSiren2331 [US]
  10. @Demikus [US] vs. @OneBlue [AM]
  11. @Grayman vs. @gaz123
  12. @PanzerSherman vs. @tenerezu [MX]

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=77

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game with your forum username by April 1, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by April 12 as possible.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Had a great game against @tenerezu! Was very close at the beginning, but I managed to edge ahead and take the game. @tenerezu played well and was very tenacious!

For a second I was worried that you guys joined the wrong game, but it’s just the wrong thread luckily :sweat_smile: Grats on the victory!

I’m still waiting for @SummerSiren2331 to join the game. I looks like this is a new player that wasn’t playing in previous rounds.

They’re CoreC3 in the game and have been poked on discord

I was cross-referencing np2stats list where it was CoreC3 for previous rounds :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s the issue when joining with a different name, it creates unnecessary confusion - which is why I’m always asking everyone to join with the forum username (or at least one similar enough).

And I’m still waiting for @Generic in game 51… hope to see you when you’re able to join!

Last call for @wint3ermute, @Generic, and @PanzerSherman. Join your games by tomorrow, otherwise they will be forfeited and your opponents automatically win. Please note that this also affects your 1v1 rating.

@plug - maybe you could shoot wint3ermute a message in your LLL game as they are not on Discord.

Joined. Does the join delay also count as winning condition? Link for Discord?

The discord link is on the home page of NP. Here’s a link: Discord

Right, in the Discord channel BelSon posted there’s also a #tournaments to keep people updated. I try to tag people for new rounds there if I can connect the names haha.

Join delay doesn’t count towards tracked wait time (which is only relevant if a game does not reach 196 ticks).

I just won against @iippabella in a quick game. I managed to get the jump on them in the initial expansion, winning a few battles on one side of the map and taking over unprotected expansion on the other side. iippabella managed to fight back with an early warp-gate, taking advantage of one of the naturally spawned WG that I hadn’t yet deactivated. That bought them some time, but in the end I managed to out-manoeuvre them and clinch the win within 138 ticks.

I also recorded all of my gameplay, and will be posting the game in four-turn (one day) chunks over the next couple of weeks.

Now I just need to pull back a win in my LLL game that’s been going on for 324 ticks… I’ve just (in the last turn) managed to get my opponent to delete 4 out of 5 of their WG in scanning range…

Oh great, looking forward to the videos! Actually reminds me that I still have some work to do, whoops.

Meanwhile, @tenerezu won over @PanzerSherman (walk-over).

First video is up. An Explosive Start | BelSon vs iippabella | Day 1 Neptune's Pride Flying Swiss Tournament Round 4 - YouTube The video quality may not be the best, but it does improve somewhat over the series.

I managed to win my game against @OneBlue , it started off pretty even, but I was able to out pressure them with a key warp gate, and in the second half I took advantage of some natural warp gates on their side to secure my victory.

My game with @SummerSiren2331 just finished. I’d like to say it was a blast but in reality @SummerSiren2331 was mostly AFK due to some external reasons.

There was some small ship movement (less than expected but still something was happening) so I didn’t really notice they were not playing until it was to too late.

Hope we can get some proper game some time… But it’s the real life that matters, game should never take priority.

My game with @Grayman is over! Managed to get an early lead by concentrating on researching Range which gave me access to a group of far away stars, after which it was difficult for @Grayman to recover from. Was a good game though and @Grayman certainly didn’t make my victory easy!!!

I’ve uploaded day #2 of my fight against iippabella. Go to Securing the Flanks | BelSon vs iippabella | Day 2 Neptune's Pride Flying Swiss Tournament Round 4 - YouTube to see how initial battles on the flanks turns out.