Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 02/2022]

I’ve taken the victory in game 51 over @Generic - my opponent missed some turns, and in the end I managed to wrestle enough stars into my empire. Thanks for the game.

Grats to all the winners.

I’m on the road currently and there’s plenty of games still far from 196 ticks, so let’s give it three more days as we have the Easter break ahead before the semifinals anyways. Hope y’all get to wrap up your games in a satisfying manner (don’t forget that wait times are considered in the points if your game does not reach 196 ticks).

I’ve accepted victory in my game against @SteelyPhil , A well-matched game and a good opposition. Apparently real life got into the middle of it and they could not find the time to check in and play, but I hope to have a game again in better circumstances:)

I have just assessed all the latest standings and determined the results (will post them later). Everyone still playing can decide for themselves whether to quit or continue - it will not impact this tournament nor the world rankings.

@limemaster - please don’t forget to post about your potential wins in the future.

I conceded my game against @Solfyre due to his lead in stars and the lack of time. I don‘t think I would have been able to come back either, so it‘s all good.

It was an intense game in which we both made some progress and took stars on the other side. But in the end @Solfyre was able to put down pressure on me and didn‘t allow me to escape from it. Well played! I hope we‘ll face again and I will be prepared even better! :grin:

Not sure what the official result says, but my fight with @BlueChicken just concluded. We had a super close fight with the leader changing several times (progress in one battle always paired with losses in another). I finally managed to carry the day with a sneak attack on the capital star - only held it for a couple turns but it was enough to break through on the other fronts and snatch victory from my opponent. A really great fight though!

Here are the results (all 4 games did not reach 196 ticks before cut-off):

@wint3ermute [DE-6] vs. @Dr_Gaming [RS-7] 49-71 WIN Dr_Gaming (+280)
@Solfyre [US-2] vs. @DarkDragonwing [DE-5] 73-63 TIGHT WIN Solfyre (-80)
@Kaine [23] vs. @BlueChicken [US-27] 68-56 WIN Kaine (-197)
@Macomber [CA-13] vs. @Satirael [DK] 61-49 DRAW (-88)

Dr_Gaming, Solfyre, Kaine and Satirael submitted significantly faster on average. They were given points on top of the relative in-game advantages shown in the brackets above.

Final Tournament Table after Round 4

# Player Won BH₂ BH₁ Pts
1 Dr_Gaming 4 37.25 8.50 16
2 plug 3 37.25 8.75 14
3 Solfyre 3 35.00 10.25 13
4 BelSon 3 33.00 9.00 12
5 Kaine 3 32.50 6.00 12
6 DarkDragonwing 2 35.00 9.25 11
7 wint3ermute 2 34.25 9.75 10
8 limemaster 2 32.25 7.00 10
9 Generic 2 30.25 11.50 8
10 Macomber 1 33.25 9.75 8
11 iippabella 2 31.00 9.00 8
12 Satirael 1 36.75 8.00 8
13 BlueChicken 2 28.25 8.00 8
14 sarcophagus 2 36.25 7.25 8
15 Demikus 2 30.00 7.00 8
16 MLaZz 2 33.75 6.75 8
17 Skilly146 1 29.75 8.25 6
18 SteelyPhil 1 33.00 8.50 4
19 gaz123 1 28.25 8.50 4
20 SummerSiren2331 1 29.75 7.00 4
21 OneBlue 1 29.50 7.00 4
22 tenerezu 1 24.00 6.00 4
23 Grayman 1 30.75 5.50 4
24 PanzerSherman 0 27.00 5.50 0

The Top4 are given spots in the semi-finals, congratulations! I hope the rest had fun too and to see you join again if I decide to run a Flying Swiss again.

1 Like

I had already spotted that all of the key-losses i required my opponents to make to sneak into the top 4 hadn’t gone the way i needed to them, so 5th was the best i could hope for :wink: Next time I’ll just not lose! simple.

Just wanted to say I had a very good time participating in the tournament, was fun and challenging. I’d love to join in again if / whenever you decide to run another Flying Swiss!

2 Likes

I’d like to note that @Satirael has been a dynamic opponent in our game and I’ve greatly enjoyed playing with them. Our match could go either way, I have a stubborn star lead but I’ve bought it at the cost of various expensive and wacky warp gate moves that have led to @Satirael getting a good lead in economy that is growing troublesome and could lead to them taking the game eventually. I was indeed too slow in submitting my turns at times due to real-life circumstances and it is unfortunate that led to an inconclusive result in the tournament, but I look forward to playing it out.

Thank you to @Trucriot for organizing it.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it.

Hehe, not losing is definitely the way to go to secure a semifinals spot, but if you must lose one game it’s best to do it against someone who is steamrolling the tournament rounds :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for organising it @Trucriot ! I had a lot of fun, even if i missed out on the semis… and I climbed up nearly half of the 1vs1 ladder, so it wasn’t all bad.

1 Like

It’s down to the final four! All of them are veterans with 16+ ranked 1v1 games to their name, having demonstrated their rich experience and skill once more. Here are the semi-finals based on the tournament table positions:

1. @Dr_Gaming [RS-4] vs. @BelSon [AU-13]
  2. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @plug [GB-3]

Dr_Gaming is the only player of the tournament who has won every game so far. Can BelSon change that and avenge his 2nd-round loss against the doc? And can the defending Flying 1v1 Champion plug pull off a victory against the incredibly consistent Solfyre who just reclaimed his #1 spot in the world rankings?
Stay tuned!

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=77

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game with your forum username by April 23, otherwise it will be forfeited and your opponent automatically wins. Also be mindful to try and submit at least twice per day so we can get as many clear results by May 7 as possible.

Good luck and have fun!

@Dr_Gaming and I just finished our game, with a solid victory to Dr_Gaming in only 96 ticks. I did a huge science push in turn one, and ended up with 2 levels of terraforming and one level of range by the end of the first cycle. But then I made some mistakes in cycle 2 which allowed Gaming to take solid control over the centre, and well played to them, I was not able to retake even a toe-hold.

Once again, I have recorded all my moves as the game progressed, and once all of my footage against iippabella has been released on Friday/Saturday (depending on time zones), I’ll start releasing footage from my game against Gaming on Tuesday next week.

Again good game to @BelSon . Like he said he started the game off with a very solid science lead, over 10 points I think it was. But I instead pushed heavily into the center and placed a few warp gates in the area, the cash investment had me concerned at the time but they proved vital to taking and holding the entire middle region as well as narrowly beating back two large waves from Belson that tried to take it back.

Looking forward to our next match in the future whenever that happens as well as that video!

All videos in the series of my game with @iippabella have been published, ending with a short, 30 second timelapse of the game. The link to the timelapse is NP Timelapse | BelSon vs iippabella | Neptune's Pride Flying Swiss Tournament Round 4 - YouTube.

The videos in the series of my game with @Dr_Gaming will start being published on Monday 2nd 7pm UTC, and will have another day release every two days until the final video being a timelapse on Wednesday 11th.

@BelSon - love the timelapse and looking forward to catching up on the longer videos as well.

@Dr_Gaming - congrats on making it to the finals, let’s see who gets to join you there.

Consider signing up for the Xjhdexter Memorial 1v1 (KO) Tournament.

@Dr_Gaming, @Solfyre, @wint3ermute, @limemaster, @Generic, @Macomber, @iippabella, @Satirael, @BlueChicken, @sarcophagus, @Demikus, @MLaZz, @Skilly146, @SteelyPhil, @gaz123, @SummerSiren2331, @OneBlue, @tenerezu, @Grayman, @PanzerSherman

The first part of my 1v1 game with @DrGaming has been published. Go to Science for the Win! | BelSon vs DrGaming | Day 1 Neptune's Pride Flying Swiss Tournament Round 5 - YouTube to see how I start out the game.

I’ve been comprehensively beaten by @Solfyre in game 66 (the second semi-final) - well played, and I trust the final against @Dr_Gaming will be a good tussle.