The good old days

Did they offer to change the account name at least? Perhaps me misquoting you as Vanillastrokes was a sign from the gods… If it wasn’t flagged shortly after account creation, it should stand regardless. I literally just found out by googling it and so what =/

Stop driving away the dedicated players “powers that be” …god damn

I really disagree with your name being banned… driving vets away is not how we keep this game growing. Tbh I’ve seen way more offensive names get by just fine… and I doubt most ppl even know what vinegar strokes means… I had to google it lol.

@JayKyburz has let myself and a couple others (@BOsshOgg) change our true alias. I’ll DM you the link right now so you can change it if you want…

I really do sympathize with you on having trouble finding good allies. It’s impossible to win without them. The problem is that name and reputation carry across games, and past trolling makes people less likely to want to ally. This was my first game with you, and 5 separate players warned me to stay away. That combined with the 8 birdy badges doesn’t leave a good impression. (Most people won’t know the story with Mantis.)

I know that was the case with me… when I started playing I betrayed nearly every game and won a ton because of it. But after a few months, I could hardly find any allies anywhere. Took some time off and came back using a different name (same account) and focused on being a good ally and not betraying at all unless it was absolutely necessary. Today I have no trouble finding allies… not everyone knows me, but I think there are very few who actively dislike me and warn others about me.

Not sure what your solution is… I think the more games you play as an honest ally without trolling, the more people will be willing to give it another shot. But that’s just my perspective, can’t speak for others.

As for the game @Ramjet and I quit out of, there just wasn’t any point in sticking around. I started in an alliance of 5, including Tiernan, @Ramjet, your girlfriend, and Arachnid Threat. Tiernan was killed early on, and your girlfriend and Arachnid were either not playing the game at all, or sending you/your allies cash for several days in a row. We’d asked her to buy science for days and she didn’t do it until our betrayal fleets were in scanning range. She quit the next day. These are screenshots I sent to @Ramjet on Aug 20 when we finally decided to turn on them after days of this happening.

You played well managing the AI and empty stars to stay out of first place, but the dishonest allies on our team made the game unwinnable and unfun. We planned to stick around and fight to the end, but a family emergency on my side was a good enough reason to quit and take a week off. (Everything turned out fine thankfully). Normally I don’t quit out though.

I’ll say it again, @JayKyburz everyone wants the 64p games back!!

1 Like

That is actually outrageous that they banned your name for that. I have a link I can give you to change your true alias. Neptune's Pride

This is what Jay gave me to change mine. @JayKyburz, I can guarantee you now, that if 64 player games don’t come back, Neptune’s Pride will die out in the near future. Even your longest veterans are starting to quit. I suggest you take into deep consideration bring 64 player games back.

1 Like

Nobody banned VinegarStrokes, he is just throwing a hissyfit because @xjhdexter suggested he might like to change it because it a vinegar stroke is the last stroke of a cock before it cums. @xjhdexter didn’t say he had to change it.

@xjhdexter has been helping me moderate the forums here and has been very good at helping new players. I think he over stepped a little here, and I think he thinks the game is a little more family friendly than I do.

NP is an adult game and I don’t ban people for ban language. I certainly don’t give a shit about obscure euphemisms.

3 Likes

I can’t really respond to that without looking like I’m continuing a hissyfit I haven’t had. I said above that my name had offended the powers that be because I received this:

"I suppose many NP players already know you in-game by this name, Vinegar Strokes, and this sexual content can be considered by some to be vulgar or profane.

There are children & parents also reading in the forum & playing IHG games. We would like to keep the environment friendly towards that audience. Turning gamers away would reduce the revenue earned by Jay, which then he has to pay the servers for running the fun games. We would not want to create reasons to shut down, because we all want to play fun games."

Anyway, the above quote is completely antithetical with your last message so it’s good to have that cleared up.

1 Like

If I’m going to be completely honest though. In my years of playing with @VinegarStrokes, not once did I even know that his name meant that. Mostly because I didn’t think that would mean something like that. But honestly, NP isn’t really a game that’s supposed to be “kid-friendly”. If I was a kid and saw @JayKyburz’s profile pic, I would have had nightmares for days. And also, I don’t think kids would be able to develop this sense of patience and diplomacy that this game requires. And by the time they do develop such senses (probably high teens around 16+) they probably don’t care about names like that and probably are exposed to much more mature things than an obscure name like “VinegarStrokes”.

Like honestly, I doubt you can find a single kid in the entire world that reads the username “VinegarStrokes” and thinks, HEY, THAT’S A MALE ORGASM!!! AHAHAHAH! MATURE CONTENT!

I know I’m going overboard on my defense of VSS, but just wanted to express that Vinegar is a LONG time veteran and has had no problem with his username ever. I don’t even think any complaints even came in addressing his username. Bottom line, it’s not an offensive name, but a VERY obscure sexual term, for a game that shouldn’t even be played by little kids (and probably isn’t). As far as I know, I still hold the record for the youngest age to play this game. And I am pretty sure I am still the youngest player now.

“Like honestly, I doubt you can find a single kid in the entire world that reads the username “VinegarStrokes” and thinks, HEY, THAT’S A MALE ORGASM!!! AHAHAHAH! MATURE CONTENT!”

LOL

Yeah my stat lead was outrageous. I got some feed off Pyro aswell after offering to harbour a star for rank at the end. But truly the biggest thing was the high resource stars i got at the beginning along with nicking a good 11 or so south under one of the AFK players that hadn’t become AI yet. Its funny because this situation in itself is the only real reason i can think of justifying downsizing 64 matches to 32, and yet the same thing happens anyway which makes the minimisation redundant. I would even argue its worse in a 32. In a 64, like you guys have mentioned, the early leader very rarely got to even see the end game of a 64. Had that game been a 64 me and my two puny allies i was shielding would of been wiped out quick smart, likely with a nova attack from Big Bad Bob and Ungoliant.

I think on paper the 32 player matches do seem like an improvement, games start sooner, less AFKs. But in practise it has lessened the intensity and enjoyment and required skill to do well.

Also just as my final aside to my trolling screwing me because everyone warns everyone else against me every match. Half of those players, the majority, do so because previously i have uttered teared apart their ass (chill dexter this isnt primary school) and so they want me removed from the galaxy ASAP so they can actually win :wink:

Its funny because i always interpreted your name as being something about music… SO i was waaaaay off

Also Dex, dont reference harming Jays revenue as a motivator to keep players happy :stuck_out_tongue: thats got a tax feel to it and even though them toxics costed ten bloody dollars each, they still got banned after Mantis and I abused them :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I probably would have gifted Jay fifteen toxics for removing 64 matches, and i doubt the first thought would of been hey hey look at dat revenue

Lmaooo

@Slicertos1, If you like the game so much, you’d think there would be just a little more respect for the designer…

Clearly @VinegarStrokes name is not being banned. If you choose a name like that, you really ought to be able to take bit of push back. The response from @xjhdexter was mild, if overprotective. Certainly not a ban.

A while back I also was warned by a handful of players to avoid @Slicertos1 like the plague. I decided to trust him instead and we had a great alliance. While I can partially vouch from experience for his in game ability and cooperation, I can see multiple reasons just within the above posts that many dislike or distrust him. I’d take TLH’s advice on that front. Also, you may not want to post about getting your girlfriend to play so you can have an ally and then her sending you money for a few cycles… some people would view that as playing two accounts… that and the conceding early thing.

Where I do think that he has a point though, is that in all the “advertising” or “incentivizing” of joining as a lifetime premium player, there has always been the vow or pledge to open source game material if Jay is unable to run it for some reason. If 64 player games were the reason that @Slicertos1 purchased the lifetime account, perhaps, in keeping with that pledge, he could be set up with the ability to run his own server to do 64 player games?

2 Likes

Not unless you started playing when you were 12. Because early days in NP1 I figured out that the guy that was playing very erratically, but kicking my butt, was playing right before he left f to take the school bus, when he got back home, after soccer practice, and after homework. Back in the day when you could play premium for free by harvesting credits in beginner games. So he didn’t even need mom’s credit card.

lmao, I was 12 when I made my first account :joy:

Technically 11, but closer to 12. You can probably reasonably predict my age right now, but yea, I was pretty low on the age range in this game…

1 Like

don’t look at me. I was in my mid 40’s. and I know people who are older than I am on here.

1 Like

Agreed. Premium account (especially lifetime accounts) cost $50. And for a browser game, that is quite a lot. People buy premium off of the incentive and trust that the game would keep its functions and continue to flourish. However, once you take away one of the main game modes you definitely should at least make it available for others still, even if it isn’t a default game mode. I don’t think @Slicertos1’s execution of his point was the best, but his point is valid and definitely something worth thinking about. It’s not like we have just started asking for 64 player games to return. We have asked for it ever since you took it out. I remember even starting a petition with a couple of friends around a ago with @Smulm (who also quit after 64 players went away) since so many of us wanted it back. This isn’t just some small problem or thing that just started to come up. It’s been a huge problem that has been around for years.

1 Like

I really dont want to quit NP, joined two more 32 player matches, managed to place near ungoliant. but fuck sake i am just done with settling for this PG rated extra easy difficulty 32 player match. I WANT 64 please! They were a feature when i paid for my membership, 32 players is simply not epic enough for me to care. Im trying but god damn, just give us what we want please! Let the 32 fans (that i can only assume actually exist but dont own keyboards?) battle it out in a custom map. We want the real thing pls!

I have finally decided to quit NP as well. 64 player games were honestly the only fun mode in NP and I have wanted it back ever since it went away. So far, I have kept myself busy with 1v1 tournaments and custom games, but nothing can really replace those epic 64 player games.

I helped make a petition years ago in hopes that @jaykyburz would listen and eventually add it back again, but after waiting and waiting, I have waited enough. I will keep in touch with some friends I have on NP in case they want to play a 1v1 or a fun custom game together, but overall, I will not be playing NP anymore.

Due to the wildfires, my internet and power were knocked out, and I am just going to take that as a sign for me to finally rid myself of beating a dead bush and just quit. I will be active on the forums and will check in from time to time to see if 64 player games come back, but I have waited enough. I’ve decided to start playing fps games more frequently instead.

I thank all the players that I have played with over the years, and I have had LOTS of fun with you all. I wish you all the best of luck moving forward and I hope to see you again in the future!

2 Likes