Xjhdexter Memorial 1v1 Tournament [XJHD 04/2023]

I just left for travels myself earlier today, so barely managed to churn out the maps before my train left :smile: Iā€™ll try to set up the Round 2 map for you guys from my phone once Iā€™m checked into my accommodation

Dang. A Discord role to ping those who are generally interested to join tournaments would be quite helpful I suppose

@HULK @Satirael

@Trucriot : Thanks and enjoy your trip.

@Satirael: I have joined the game (more direct link here) so hopefully we get started and go at itā€¦ and may the best man (or best angry green monster) win! :wink:

Iā€™m in!

Do I join my game vs Lex?

I think how it works is we both have first round bye, so we wait

Ok thanks

Yeah, with the exception of Game 10 Iā€™d still like the rounds to stay close to each other time-wise. Easier to keep track of the countdown condition as well.

My game with @gaz123 just concluded. This was a weirdly high number of gates compared to normal, and it lead to a hectic start that I managed to take an edge on and then slowly carry the early lead to victory.

Well played, Kaine. I suppose that means that @limemaster and I have two weeks now to finish our game?

@Satirael and I have completed 9 Cycles and up to Tick #216 - itā€™s been a fun and spirited game.

Good news for me is Iā€™m feeling confident about this game as I lead in Stars (69-43), Economy (110-93), Industry (86-71), Science (46-35), and Carriers (36-26). I am behind in Ships 1,740 to 1,987. They are one step up on Manu, but Iā€™m one level up on both Terra and Hyper - have had the later for a couple of turns and that will allow me shortly to unlock 5 more stars.

Bad news is Iā€™m about to leave town and will have very limited Internet access, so weā€™ll see how that plays out.

Update: @Satirael just made a bold move against a key star of mine, but I was just barely able to get enough ships to defend it, so his ship advantage has shrunk to 1,687 vs 1,505.

Been an interesting game so far, I made a few mistakes in the beginning, and some niece maneuvers from @HULK put them nicely ahead. But Iā€™ve been going on the fact that Iā€™ve been able to maintain my ship lead, hoping to eventually turn it around, although thatā€™s looking more and more dire now.

Iā€™ve been a bit slow on submissions lately as Iā€™m very busy in real life currently, Iā€™m finishing a bachelorā€™s degree in June, but I wouldnā€™t want @HULK to lose just because they had no internet connection in a game thatā€™s most likely their win. And I totally forgot the reason we started our game early was because @HULK had to leave here at the end of May.

If possible Iā€™d like to try and continue the game, at least a bit longer until I no longer see any hope, but if it proves impossible for you @HULK Iā€™ll concede the match and give you the victory, since I currently find it likely itā€™ll end up in your hands anyway.

You are definitely STILL in the game @Satirael - Iā€™m having to be very careful with my moves as a boo-boo on my part could cause me to lose my advantageous position.

I MAY have some Internet (am on a small cruise ship in the South Pacific - yea, rough life!) so lets see how it goes.

No need to apologize for being a bit slow the submissions ā€¦ especially since absolutely finishing your degree is more important - that will help you more in getting a job than putting ā€œNP guruā€ in your resume! :wink:

Meanwhile, @Macomber and @limemaster appear to be dead-even after 126 ticks in their game.

Sounds like some good stuff! Congrats Kaine, and @Macomber and @limemaster indeed now have until June 1 to conclude their game which is when the 2nd round will start.

Iā€™ve just conceded the match against @HULK , a very fun game, but being put slightly back on stars early led to a slow decline in my resources, even though I managed to stay ahead of @HULK in ships for quite some time, some strategic attacks and a few destroyed warp gates in the early game, made it hard for me to utilize this advantage to push back, and although I tried I ended up defeated.

A fun match, I hope we play again sometime!

Ditto what @Satirael said that it was an excellent game with me being VERY careful after getting a slight lead, plus was lucky to knock off some warp gates early on that helped me hold on and slowly build up a resource lead and recover from a ship deficit.

Grats HULK for the win, sounds like some high-level play from you both.

Nearly missed that the first roundā€™s deadline has now passed, here are the standings:

Player Stars Carriers Ships SProd Econ Income Ind Sci Scan Range Terra Exp Weap Bank Manu Ready
@Macomber 65 46 1611 30.33 87 1020 91 36 2 4 5 0 6 2 3 Y
@Limemaster 54 43 1646 30.33 91 1060 91 36 2 4 5 0 5 2 3 N

Looks very even except for the stars, thus a tight win for @Macomber is declared! He moves on to the next round.

The maps in that round are also ready for @Solfyre, @plug, @Kaine, @Lex and @spymort:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=89

Good luck!

1 Like

Lets do this @spymort
Turn one submitted