Tournament Sign-ups

We will be doing One game at a time starting with 2’s and going into 1v1 as teams start to finish and time becomes available

Assuming everyone who doesn’t declare a teammate will be randomly assigned one?

yes as it is stated in the sign up rules

I’m fine with random. Had a possible teammate lined up, but not sure they’ll be joining us in the tourney. I’ll let you all know if that changes.

Can someone take over the tournament?? if not then I will do it still, I am not longer going to continue playing the game people have just made it un enjoyable…

Please sign me up as saradav’s partner for 2v2. She told me to just post it on here. Thx!

Wait, what? Alien, what has happened?

Team: Zoquete and Smulm

What the hell? Who made it unplayable? Nothing has changed as far as I know

not unplayable, just un-enjoyable… Real life teamer get clear advantage in the game, im looking for a fair game to play.

Excuse me for the off-topic…

@AlienGamer: You can still play 1v1 and 2v2 tournament games, as there is unlikely to be advantages for real life friends.

And certain game settings also help against that: dark galaxy, scan trade, formal alliances…

I remember somewhere in the forum there is a thread with a nice discussion about it.

If there is the chance of betrayal, they [almost] always know at least one person who will not betray. And that is their only advantage imho.

Despite that, is not inherent to this kind of game some bias toward real life friends?

1 Like

I fail to see any advantage at all for a real life alliance. You’ll lose the tournament if you betray your teammate, so that’s not a factor.

Beyond that, there’s no advantage. Real life friends can do nothing that to regular allies can’t. Constant communication is key, and regardless of whether you’re across the street or across the country that stays the same.

im not talking about in the tournament I mean in with the same people I have played every game for 5months…

Having a real life friend who you only play every game with, means your guaranteed that constant communication with somebody who at least knows how to play… they get all the advantage.

You cant just join a game against a team in real life, by yourself because the team in real life can communicate with everyone else just as much as you can, most of the time people are stupid enough to believe them and then I end up in 1v3 or 1v7 against the entire galaxy.

If you do get that contact you need they might not even know how to play the game and you will lose anyway… the advantage of have a real life team is that you are guaranteed consistent play. In order for me to beat them once I have to be lucky enough to not start in the centre and also with players who are also good at the game.

I always make alliances with all the galaxy… im not stupid…

but best not to talk about that on the tournament thread.

Its not just that, but those pair always trash talking it makes it not enjoyable to play with them. It has been 5 months like that, Pretty sure there is advantage to it.

There advantage is equal to having two accounts in one game, whether they are cheating or not.

I don’t think you’re going to have to worry about that problem in the tournament, Alien, as you alluded.

Also, try a good dark galaxy or the 64 player games, where starting positions are more random and there’s little choice but for all players to reach out for unknown allies, most of the time.

either way, please don’t drop the tournament, we were all looking forward to it, I think.

1 Like

Why should I be limited into only playing dark galaxy or 1v1, Ill just look for a different game which I deem to be more fair.

Im not dropping the tournament.

If needed I can take over the tournament. I wouldn’t mind doing that at all.

I guess it’s your personal opinion if you think this isn’t fair. However I’ve played well over one hundred games here, and won more than 30. I’ve never had the impression that someone was cheating or playin unfairly. There was one guy who used 3 accounts in one game (I only found out because he told me afterwards. Turns out it was a real life friend that wanted to best me really badly) but I treated it like a regular alliance. Got my own allies, and took them out regularly. I’ve already discussed how real life friends don’t impact the game. Any trick they try to pull could be done by anyone else. I’ve never met Hipster, but if we wanted to pull off some deceptive plot where we tricked people into thinking we’re their ally then betraying later on, we could. All that living together does is create more out of game communication to discuss these ideas.

(For the record, I never play 1v1, and haven’t found a difference between dark and regular games in regards to “cheating”.

Ok, when the tournament is about to start you can make the threat for the first round and carry it on.

To do a round robin you just match the player on top of the list with the one below there name, then go down the list matching the next player who is not currently matched against someone to the next person below them, then each round you keep doing it until everyone has played each other once.

For teams you can basically do the same thing or if you feel like doing an single elimination tournament is a lot easier, you just match everyone with one person and the winners go to the next round to get randomly matched again, you know how that works.

Hey, I’m interested in joining 1v1. I would do a team if some needs a partner though. In game is Wexnomer.

I would also take it over for you but i would at least need someone with premium to make the games for us unless Jay can make the games for us but that might be too much time for him. So if @TheLastHero you want to work together we can run the tounry