[2CC] August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Great job guys. Sounds like you had a hell of a game with 480 (!) ticks.

@Kaine and @DarkDragonwing are up next in Round 2, the game link is in the first post. Good luck and have fun.

@Dysp is already waiting for the winner in the Final. Their game against @bythejatz concluded 70-55 after 180 ticks in the meantime.

Lol forgot about this itā€™s been so long! @DarkDragonwing do to mind if I give it a couple days for some games to end before we start this?

@panblanco
Thanks a lot! @HULK is a REAL tough opponent - played quite a few games against him and he always had a master plan and some HULK SMASHING :wink:
Your words mean something to me :smiley:

@Kaine
I donā€˜t mind you to finish your current games! Just let me know, when youā€˜re done and ready for our game! :smile:

Glad to see this tourney is still going and 480 ticks is a doozy of a game!
I also appreciate the SMASHING words ā€¦ :wink:

@DarkDragonwing Iā€™ve just joined the game, Iā€™ll be looking to submit the first turn some time on Wednesday.

@Kaine, you donā€˜t need to hurry. I am totally busy this week so I wonā€˜t be able to make any moves until Saturday I think. So take your time! Iā€˜ll join on Friday/Saturday and will make my moves then :slight_smile:

sounds good :slight_smile:

So, after a tough match and 408 Ticks @Kaine conceded earlier this day. Lots of Ups and Downs during those 408 Ticks, but I managed to take and keep the lead after a while.
It was a fun and challenging game, thanks for that! Really hope to see @Kaine back in some future 1v1 :smiley:

@Dysp, are you still here and ready for the Final Game? :grin:

It was pretty fluid :slight_smile: I remember taking the cluster on the right and doing a mini celebration only to lose the middle 2 ticks later. The last few turns were mostly stubbornness on my part though, although I almost managed a breakthrough it was too little too late! Congrats on the win @DarkDragonwing

Yeah, I remember you taking the eastern cluster and I just felt like an idiot for overextending my position this much. Lost some Indu over thereā€¦ :sweat_smile:
But yeah, it was quite good to take the middle of yours a few turns later. Gave me some nice positioning on the map.

You almost did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But TBH, the game was not over yet. Really had to think about where I could go for the needed stars to take the win, plus I had to manage my defense on the eastern side of the map.

It was a really good match, really hope to see you back soon for a re-match :smiley:

Congrats to you both for a truly epic game as it seems!

@Dysp is already waiting for @DarkDragonwing on the final map of the 2CC - I think it has quite an interesting layout, letā€™s see how it will develop:

That is an interesting map with the middle gap and left and right sides pretty evenly spaced out with stars.

Anyone still reading this?! :joy:

Anyways, we finally made it. I just conceded my game against @Dysp. I took the lead early due to Hyper, but sadly I was not able to gain any big advantage from it, plus I wasnā€™t finding any gap in his defenseā€¦
However, @Dysp outplayed me smartly step by step and deserved the victory in the 2CC August/2020 Tournament!

Big congratulations on that :smile:

1 Like

Thank you. It was very tough game from start to end, well played!

Very well played guys - congrats @Dysp for winning possibly the only edition of the Second Chance Cup ever :wink:

I updated the OP with the final brackets. Thanks to all who participated!

Iā€™d also like to invite @Axson, @bythejatz, @John14-6, @Kaine and @Nassau to consider signing up for the newest April tournament - 23 others already have :slight_smile: