3v3 Team Tower Tournament Edition 2!

Two options - one of your team can get the 50% star requirement by taking out the AIs then breaking FA and taking stars. Alternatively the two smaller players can quit, and the team member in the lead claim victory. Either way will end the game.

@limemaster and @Jubblefet and I have taken the victory. It was a fun game! Thanks for organizing it @BelSon.

1 Like

gg

After almost 3 full months, the final game has come to a close.
team of @panblanco @Lex and @spymort managed to gain the edge over @plug @BelSon and @Satirael , holding this lead throughout the game and managing to claim the victory just a couple days before the end of the calendar year.

That was a super fun game!

I think there were a couple interesting turning points unique to multiplayer team game

Both teams went with the strategy of trying to squeeze one player. I was the one who came under heavy fire early. I think we did two things that really helped:

1. @spymort and @panblanco sent me a bunch of cash to fund my survival effort
  2. We realized it was a 3 player game but only two critical techs (terra and Manu). So I spent almost nothing on science and put it all into industry.

Separate from that our team won the race to the middle at the beginning. Not sure what the impact of that was. We obviously got some cheap buys but I constantly felt overextended at the same time.

Random idea… would you guys @plug @Satirael @BelSon be interested in sharing your team chat from the game? I would be interested in seeing how it unfolded from your perspective.

I had a very fun game as well, 3 vs 3 is a very interesting format that opens up some nice possibilities.

I personally had a rougher start, but built up well throughout the game.

Interesting to hear some of the methods employed on the other side. On our end we didn’t swap much cash, unless someone specifically asked for it at least.

Personally I’m open to sharing, but only if the other two wants to share as well. We did have a LOT of messages throughout the game, so not sure how we would do it best… I could also be interested in the reverse, and seeing what went on on the other side.

Anyway I’m very much looking forward to the possibility of another TTT, this one was a lot of fun.

It was a great game, and this 3v3 format is one I really like. I think the early race to the middle was important, as well as the way @Lex was helped to build gates and industry when under most pressure early on.

I’d be happy to share team chat - we had three chat channels, for tech, strategy and local tactics. But it might be tricky to work out exactly what was going on, so I don’t know how valuable this would be over-all. Our subjective recollections could be more interesting in a way…

I was just thinking - how would it have changed things if Weapons had also been researchable?

Regarding sharing team chat, our chat history only goes back to 22nd Nov the rest got purged and that was when our team was already far ahead. Was the turn we warped Juxta. (put in an image of where Juxta is in case you forgot
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 8.53.35 am
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 8.53.32 am

Oh well, I haven’t checked but I’d imagine ours is probably purged somewhere as well then. Interesting idea otherwise, I’d be down to write a small recollection of the fight, but as plug said, I’d probably be a bit subjective, since the length of our game means I don’t fully remember everything anymore.

Ah well, fun game in any case! Looking forward to the next one.