April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Alas, although I faired better than Loki, the green monster prevailed again.
Was pretty close until the Easter weekend, when @HULK conjured a master plan to topple the Karma army. It came down to small details, but @HULK had his A game out again.
Well played and good game!

It was a REAL CLOSE and enjoyable game … @Karmadrome fought until the end (270 ticks) … and even against overwhelming numbers, still pulled a few (Easter) Bunnies out of his Magic Hat … but in the end, HULK SMASH prevailed! :wink:

I’ve updated the first post with the latest results - how go the other games?

Can only say that I’m still learning this new format for me. @panblanco is building up a lead in ships and stars. So hoping I can catch a easter bunny even though it is a little late.

But I sense that a great storm is approaching.

It’s still tooth and nail here between @GalacticHuntingRifle and I. He’s got 67 to my 63 stars, but ships are about equal, and I’ve got a bit of ECO/IND edge. It’s trench warfare, for sure.

Yup, I feel like Malcolm and I have had very little progress along the front either way, more just swapping the same few stars back and forth for a couple cycles now. I caught up in star count by finally expanding to all the stars in my back lines, but if this game continues to stretch on I think Malcolm’s economy will win it. We shall see :wink:

I looked at your map @MalcolmReynolds and @GalacticHuntingRifle - looks like a number of conflict areas … so you can either hunker down … or poke & prod to maybe gain a foothold.

To the daring goes victory … or sometimes defeat! :wink:

Indeed, the entire border is a conflict area, especially the fringes now. It’s been an exciting game so far, and GHR is a great sport. As for being daring or not, I tend to be a little too daring (trying the Malcolm Reynolds quick-draw action), so let’s see if I can find the happy medium here.

I just checked the games and here’s the numbers I saw:
@nick.muzzio is ahead 73-54 stars (and 102-38 carriers!) against @TheLastHero at tick 228
@GalacticHuntingRifle is ahead 66-64 stars (CLOSE!) against @MalcolmReynolds at tick 312
@panblanco is ahead 76-58 stars against @seg722 at tick 192

Hope everyone is having fun and a reminder to post here when you are done so I can update the original post and schedule subsequent games in the tournament.

Congrats on your win against @Karmadrome! Yes @TheLastHero and I are really duking it out. It is a game of intense conflict! lol

Is this tournament still running? :wink:

Lol, i know. It’s going to be forever before the next games in the Loser bracket.

After a lull in the action, where we were at a stand-off, GHR and I decided (independently) to launch some bold attacks on the same turn, and it’s been a real dogfight since then. It continues to be a great game. I’m trying to work my ship count advantage, but he’s certainly not making it easy to chip away.

Yes, some real trench warfare going on… 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. At least things have gotten more interesting with some warp gate usage back and forth along the front :wink:

Hope you don’t fall asleep with your second round already complete, HULK/Karmadrone xD

I had a great game with @seg722. Got a couple of lucky breaks and pulled ahead. He graciously conceded and our game is now over.

Also a thanks to @panblanco for a fun and intense game up until he got a beach head inside my territory. After that it was all down hill.

Still a lot to learn. Keep your mighty fleets coming and I will eventually figure out a way to deflect them.

@panblanco and @seg722 - glad you had a good time!

@MalcolmReynolds and @GalacticHuntingRifle - sounds like a GREAT game you are having … and yea, as Warp Gates come into play, that rachets up the pressure! :wink:

I have updated the first post with the results … but waiting on results of the other games before round two can start back up.

Our game should be wrapping up soon. @nick.muzzio and I have had lots of back and forth in a very action packed game. But he’s finally coming in to seal the deal and take the victory. Next couple days, probably, depending on how fast we can get the turns in. It’s been a really fun one!

I’ve gone ahead and conceded at 50 stars to 77. Good game, and well played @nick.muzzio.

2 Likes

Thanks @TheLastHero and good game to you! It was a very exciting game indeed! I think we had 11 fights in one turn which I thought was pretty impressive lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s been exciting, lots of action! I’m starting to get better at these 1v1s but got some more work to do lol.