April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Glad it was an exciting game with lots of action. I have updated the first post with the results.

We are waiting on @GalacticHuntingRifle and @MalcolmReynolds who are having one heck of a battle - looking at their map, it’s still a pitched battle! Maybe they can get some time this weekend and make some lightning moves … but please don’t feel rushed.

We’re playing hot and heavy here, HULK. And it’s still a nail-biter. Our gloves are definitely OFF now.

Hey, just want to elaborate about my few first 1v1.

First of all. I hate loosing. For some reason I really like playing this game. Think it is the simple gameplay combined with the deep tactical element that speaks to me.

I learned a lot but still have long to go. Not quite sure about the 1v1 and the lack diplomacy.

2 Likes

You should remind him that “Mal” means bad . :upside_down_face: ( River said so in The Train Job )
Malcolm killed one of Niska’s men,

https://youtu.be/NPRlHwwVIug 

and you intend to collect the bounty on Malcolm’s head.

EDIT : OH ! My mistake. I thought Seg722 was playing against MalcomReynolds. Opps ! LOL

2 Likes

Appreciate the Firefly reference anyway. I often go by Mal Rey, the Bad King.

We’re getting some lightning turns in this weekend, @HULK. It’s the fast and the furious XXX. I lost my edge for a while, but it looks like I’m gaining it back. We’re even on stars, and I’m 10-15% up on ship count, ECO and IND, with SCI fairly even.

@MalcolmReynolds and @GalacticHuntingRifle are having a legendary game … so while I appreciate the lightning moves, you’ve come this far, so don’t feel rushed.

Continue the carnage! :wink:

Yes, your banking/econ advantage has lead to some nice warpgates-to-defend moves I was not expecting - and you’re still outgrowing me! We’re essentially pushing forward on separate parts of the front, so we’ll see who breaks through first :smiley:

I have many of the same feelings. Hulk gave me a few pointers that I felt really helped me out.

Being a turn based game is good, it’d be impossible for me otherwise, but it makes the strategy quite a bit different…

We had a good game, thanks for playing.

So, um, maybe we ought to start taking bets on whose going to win between malcomb and ghr…

My money’s on me :wink:

Likewise, you’ve made a lot of quick-switch warp moves that either foiled my attack plans or left me with too little to block you in some cases. This game will definitely be one for my record books. Never played a 1v1 that was still this close on tick 432.

If actual money was being put on the line, my money would be on Malcolm as well :wink:

Ship disparity is up to 8500 to 6900 as my desperate attempts to re-gain some sectors was met by a firm blockade. All hope may be lost soon for the GHR gang!

That’s a tough one to come back from @GalacticHuntingRifle - sounds like @MalcolmReynolds is slowly start to ease out ahead. And yes, I think this is one for the record books and hardly any game has gone 400 ticks (and usually well decided by then) … so GREAT game guys whoever wins.

Speaking of which, I contacted @nick.muzzio and @TheLastHero (who will play the winner/loser of your game) and gave them a list of possible games. They selected maps that should play well … and I have therefore updated the first post with links to those.

So those are ready when you guys have finally settled your differences! :wink:

FYI that games that don’t start eventually “time-out” … so if for some reason those end up not working, let me know and I’ll regenerate some maps.

Yeah, I think it’s about time for me to pretend I’m The Eraser from Duck Tracy: “I’m r-r-r-r-ubbin’ him out.”

LOL … although I’m partial to “HULK SMASH” in these situations.

When you guys conclude your game, a reminder that the next round is all setup and your respective opponents are waiting - see the first post. Be SURE to join the CORRECT game.

P.S. I’d be curious to get a wrapup on your legendary game …

As Teqin stood on the deck of his warship orbiting Sham, his mind wandered to all those decisions made in the past. What led to this moment? What could he have done differently? The Great Battle of 440? No, most likely earlier; that was just the nail in the coffin. The Fight of Four-Fourteen and the endless battles from before recorded history all played their role.

Teqin sighed. What’s done is done. He made the call he had been dreading and putting off for some time. "Pitran, we’re standing down. Contact the Serenity and inform them of our unconditional surrender."

While part of me has wanted to make Malcolm meet the full win conditions, I recognize that with our infrastructure disparities, all he has to do to eventually crush me is, well, nothing. He’ll outgrow me, and I have no way to re-gain stars as all his fronts are reinforced. Thus, I’ve made the hard decision to concede victory on Tick 504 to allow this tournament that ground to a screeching halt to resume.

Well played, @MalcolmReynolds. You certainly earned this one :smiley:

@TheLastHero, GAME ON!

2 Likes

It was a great war, one in which I almost made the mistake of underestimating my opponent. I won’t almost make that mistake again. Your surrender is respected. There was no need for either of us to sustain more losses. I will now ensure the protection of your vassal systems, and the galaxy will finally trade openly and freely, in the spirit of mutual prosperity.

Thanks for the update guys - that was a legendary game.
I’ve updated the first post with the results and I see you have joined the round 2 games … so let that carnage begin! :wink:

And off we go! Thanks for waiting patiently for me @GalacticHuntingRifle.

Damn I missed this one! Glad to see you guys have a fun time! :smiley: