April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

@nick.muzzio and I are off to a hot start. Didn’t take long to see some serious action here. :slight_smile: This galaxy makes for a lot of possibilities in the center.

1 Like

Tick 72: I’ve got a bit of an edge against Nick in stars now (65-60), including two crucial ones near the center, which are difficult to hold because they are closer to his home star, but otherwise it’s neck-and-neck here.

Thanks for the update @MalcolmReynolds - sounds like you and @nick.muzzio are off to a tight start and good luck in the battle for the center.

@GalacticHuntingRifle and @TheLastHero are further along at tick 156 - @TheLastHero had an early lead, but @GalacticHuntingRifle is pulled ahead.

Please keep submitting when you can so we can move this along … so hopefully this “April” Tournament doesn’t last through the Summer. :wink:

bummer I missed this one, count me in for the next

72 stars, just 4 away from victory… should have this one wrapped up sometime this week, unless LastHero pulls some late game magic :wink:

I’m getting totally smashed lol. I may be alright in the 32 player games where some diplomacy and strategy can work in my favor. But in these 1v1s… I’m having a hard time…

It’s close to over, but I’ll let @GalacticHuntingRifle finish it out since it’ll just be a couple more turns.

Wake me up when you’re done… :wink:

Good game, @TheLastHero. well played.

@Karmadrome, I’ve joined the next 1v1, may take me a little bit to take a breath before I plunge into the next one too quickly :wink:

1 Like

Good game @GalacticHuntingRifle

Better luck next time @TheLastHero and congrats @GalacticHuntingRifle on advancing to your game against @Karmadrome - I see you have already joined. Just be aware of that 48-realtime-hours to submit (I can’t pause the game) as the opening move takes some time to plan out.

It looks like @nick.muzzio has a slight lead over @MalcolmReynolds at Tick#108.
@panblanco has already joined the game (#9) and is ready to take on the loser of that game.
The winner goes against the Jolly Green Giant! :wink:

Looking forward to the battle @GalacticHuntingRifle

Update on the current two games:
@nick.muzzio is leading 73-67 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #126
@Karmadrome is leading 69-63 against @GalacticHuntingRifle at tick #132
Hoping @nick.muzzio and @MalcolmReynolds can pick up the pace a bit since you have been playing for over 3 weeks versus just a couple of days for the other game - hopefully RL isn’t too crazy for 'ya.

Yeah RL is a bit crazy for me, sorry will try to pick up the pace :stuck_out_tongue:

RL has been crazy for me for about the last 2 weeks, but looks like that’s settling down now, so I’m raring to go now. Yeah, @nick.muzzio has got me in a pickle now, mostly due to my typical behavior of trying something risky that didn’t pan out. The next couple of days of game time will be crucial for this match.

It was worth the risk @MalcolmReynolds, you almost had me. I was lucky to have turned it around on you and then you missed a turn and that really hurt.

Wooooo … if you missed a turn, that can really set you back. The numbers are still the same:
@nick.muzzio is leading 73-67 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #150
@Karmadrome is pulled ahead 74-60 against @GalacticHuntingRifle at tick #210

Missing a turn sounds brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Yeah, that’ll teach me (again) not to play so fast and loose with the deadlines, no matter how busy I am, because unforeseen circumstances can step in at any time. While my missed turn set me back a bit, I played too fast and loose with my tactics as well, and you picked the perfect time to exploit that with a bum rush on a key warp gate. Yep, I dropped the ball on this one for sure, but it’s a lesson I won’t forget. Great game, regardless. It was one mean mother of a brawl in the middle. Cheers!

Yep, live and learn. Mistakes were made on both sides, but mine were clearly the bigger. :slight_smile:

Now we’re up! Sorry to keep you waiting. I don’t reckon that will be a problem henceforth.

Alright @HULK, it’s time to see if I like you when you are angry :rage: :stuck_out_tongue: