Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

just run a test - at least the military souls counted only counts one unit in a stack It cant just be the leader as that doesn’t add up in your game, but in Blight of the Immortals if I merge or unmerge my stack of 4 rune dancers the count goes up or down by 3

unsure if this is any more information than is on trello, but goblin assassins in a location where combat is occurring fight alongside the rest of your troops (assume thats not meant to happen)

sounds like a big to me. I will make sure you get kills.

There is an outstanding bug right now where, when you start training an army it checks the population, but if the civilian population is killed you get less people in your army. I think this can result in 0 strength armies. I will see if I can fix this week. I dont know about the 0 out of 25 issue though.

I have been avoiding it because I’m cheap but I will write a general system that for all timers in the interface, if they reach 0, automatically call to the server for new data. It should fix heaps of the little refresh data bugs you have been reporting.

So we think the houndmaster is busted. I will check today.

Thanks. Did you sent this to me in email as well. I got this twice over the weekend :slight_smile: Will try and fix up.

Thanks. This one has been around ages. Will try and fix soon.

Nope, wasn’t me! Good to know I’m not alone though!

This next thing isn’t a bug so much as a beginner-unfriendly description:

The warning text for the Jester King is pretty misleading now that there are separate Hero and Unit Hero Cards. It says:

A Jester King wanders the land, growing in strength with every Hero deployed!

Even when your allies do notice the Jester King and slow their Hero deployments accordingly, it’s pretty easy to think that deploying Unit cards won’t empower the Jester King (as has happened in a couple of my recent games). I think this would be clearer if the text were just changed to “with every Card deployed”, or something along those lines.

1 Like

Penny is on this one. I think it’s fixed I just need to push it out.

Was in a Watering Hole game with BlightedPea. We had a mixed stack of a Necromancer, Human Zombies, and Giant Zombies heading to a settlement a half-hex away.

My Wizard casts “You Shall Not Pass” on the Necromancer, blows it up. Zombies pause for a moment, then the Human Zombies continue towards the settlement while the Giant Zombies turn around and go back the other way.

Yeah, I caught that. The zombies are a little more random that I would like when they lose their leader. I logged a bug to make it better. Thanks Mike!

Had another bug in the Watering Hole game with BlightedPea:

• Zombie Giant stack was in the mountains 1/3rd of a league away from a dwarven settlement. (At least 3 hrs. travel time.)
  • It was under the Hound Master’s effect at the time.
  • I use the Wizard’s “You Shall Not Pass” on them to stop them from taking the settlement.
  • I wake up the next day to discover they’ve still managed to reach & kill the settlement, despite the “You Shall Not Pass” debuff still having 6 hours left on it.
  • It’s also still under the Hound Master’s effect, but the giants managed to kill the Hound Master as well (since I repositioned him to the settlement to try and drive them away next time.

Think there is a typo in the Forest Dryad card.

I think it should say “flee from the Forest Dryad”.

Neither is really right because the units just move away from her, whether they are in the forest of not has nothing to do with it. I was probably trying to sound cool.

Was the Hound Master driving him towards the town? Was the Hound Master buff going to be on until he reached the town?

A Tangle Vines or Shall not Pass will not prevent an earlier move compulsion from working, so they should not have stopped until the hound master buff ended.

I will test it out in the editor and make sure it’s working the way I think it should.

Yes. I explicitly used the “You Shall Not Pass” to stop the giant horde from hitting the town after I accidently drove them there with the Hound Master. I just figured a Root would naturally override a Forced Movement since they can’t, you know… move.

Probably what should happen is that the most recent move affecting buff should apply, not the oldest?

At one stage in the design doc I had that when there was two conflicting move buffs the zombies were split in half and each half move in their own directions.

Also – on the Hound Master issue – check to see if the same issue applies to Bridge Witch. We had an issue in this game where a Tree Whisperer rooted a Jester King, but he kept moving due to the Bidge Witch’s compulsion.

This game: Blight of the Immortals

This is what I was thinking of when I made my post on the topic in another thread. It doesn’t make sense in the game world for a compulsion to override a forced stop.

There was a change to the elder mages that seems to be a mistake. In a single player game I had 20 mana and 24 mages and cast manatap (5 mana for each mage). I went from 20 mana to 87. I should have gone to 135 and the only thing I can think of is doing the math manatap is only giving 3 mana per mage. If that’s true then the card text should change to 3 mana per mage (right now still says 5)

There was a huge need to nerf Elder Mages; they were just so gosh darn powerful. I wasn’t exactly sure how they might nerf him in the future, but I would say this is a reasonable first pass. I know for a short period of time there was talk of changing his power altogether, something I wouldn’t be opposed to either.

1 Like

Not saying it’s a good or bad nerf, just saying that the text is either wrong or the game is broken and not giving the correct mana.

just like assasins air units on avoid get pulled into combat if it is engaged under them

Last night ran into this bug… I had 4 dragons that were stacked and in flight mode. I had a fifth dragon that I was planning on adding to the stack after he arrived. Unfortunately I did not realize that he was not in flight mode which triggered a combat. This pulled in the other 4 dragons as well and all 5 ended up dieing even though the 4 were supposed to be avoiding combat.

I don’t think blighted dragons explode when you kill them with a dragons breath (assuming they are meant to)
what happened
1)stack of 2 blighted dragons 1 league away from my dragon and undead
2)my dragon used dragons breath
3)I killed 1 dragon
4) the end
what i expected
1)stack of 2 blighted dragons 1 league away from my dragon and undead
2)my dragon used dragons breath
3)I killed 1 dragon
4) boom killing some zombies and 50% chance of my dragon

game = Blight of the Immortals
(kind of amusing as a game to look at anyway)