Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

I’ve got two human heroes in my hand, but no human settlements of my own. If I try to deploy them, I am offered a Cyclops Standard belonging to a different player as a deployment target. Bug, or feature? :slight_smile:

I’m in this game here, and playing as the orange/red player on the lower right, below.

I think this is intended, though I’m curious where the population gets drawn from if you don’t actually own any relevant towns.

Possible bug (well, misleading info) or possibly not: When in an overwhelming battle, the winning side may be shown to have a 0% casualty expectation. I’d guess that the number displayed is just an easy-to-read rounded value, and the real calculation is done with the exact, calculated value. If that’s the case, I feel like the display should read “<1% chance of death” in this case, to avoid surprises with “0” meaning a different thing than it usually does.

If the calculation is performed with the rounded value, though, who cares!

Thanks @DrBwaa I agree. I will fix that soon!

It’s just closest human settlement, even if you don’t own it.

Over the past couple of days, I’ve noticed a lot of zombie groups not merging together properly. The details:
Blighted group 1 reaches a vertex and realizes that blighted group 2 is also on its way to that vertex. As a result, group 1 stops to wait for group 2 to catch up and merge before moving on. However, after waiting many hours (6+), when group 2 has reached its final step before the vertex (so the next step would be the vertex and merge the two groups), group 1 now decides to walk away to its next destination, leaving group 2 behind instead of waiting to merge.

Thanks Dex. I will have a look into it. I havn’t changed anything around this for a while, but could perhaps have something to do with the move compulsion changes perhaps?

Do you guys think we should block deploying at another player’s banner? I’m thinking yes.

We could also add some code for you to give another player one of your units.

Would giving other people your units be instantaneous anywhere on the field? Because of so, you could still reproduce the ability to spawn at other people’s banner this way. You just have to ask, they hand it over to you, you spawn, then give it back to them. Trickier, but still produces the same result.
I would like the ability to hand over units. For people who play in different timezones, you could even hand over some of your units when you go to bed to be taken care of!

Unsure what to suggest with the banner idea, being able to spawn off a banner has made the game much less boring joining an ex-afk before (can get troops on the frontline quickly)

I personally like being able to deploy at allied banners, though I’ve always been a little skeptical of drawing population from other people’s settlements. But deploying at allied banners encourages cooperation and (as starry wisdom noted) is sometimes the only realistic way to participate in a game if you join as an afk replacement.

Possible Bug/Unexpected Behavior

I just experienced the following scenario:

• While cleaning graveyards, my Dragon encountered fresh zombies. No big deal so far.
  • Combat occurred (Flaming Breath being unavailable). The Dragon won easily, but got the unlucky end of the RNG and died as well.
  • The grave site was not burned (as expected).
  • The Dragon corpse was not added to the graveyard (surprising).

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind not having to go back and deal with a zombie dragon at a site that was previously just a few dead humans. But I definitely expected that in a combat with no survivors, my dead units would become restless souls rather than (apparently) immolating themselves with their last breaths.

Likely Bug

I just shot down a Blighted Dragon with Valour Strike in this game ( Blight of the Immortals ), and it didn’t explode. Do they only detonate in melee combat? Feels like this is probably unintentional.

Is anyone else finding the follower menu bugging out for them? It might be a problem with firefox or I need to restart the browser or something, but the follower menu half the time bugs out and doesn’t show half the units on the same location.

1 Like

Yes, I have seen that the last couple of days. I’ll mention it to Jay.

1 Like

Thanks for the bugs. I will have a look into them on Monday.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I have a Tangle Mage, Troll Spears and, oddly, an army merged with another Tangle Mage all on the same settlement – and they arent showing up as co-located so I canted merge the free Tangle Mage with the Spears.

Game is here: What U.S. Intelligence Predicted the World Would Look Like in 2015 - The Atlantic

To no one’s surprise, i am playing Trolls.

I’ve got some weird text placement in the Private Games menu. It only seems to affect games for which I’m the admin.

Master Builder builds a +4 Barricade on a city that already has +10 fortifications. Units in that city continue showing a +10 bonus. I would have expected them to show a +14 bonus.

Suggestion: Definitely disallow using the MB’s ability if it’s going to be a no-op. Clarify limits in his card text to explain that no settlement can give more than a +10 fortification bonus.

There isn’t a fortifications limit, but each unit or place can only have one instance of each buff. So if there was already a MB buff on that settlement, using the ability again would replace it (some buffs have a expiry time, so that time would be renewed).

There are definitely some situations, such as the MB, where it would be better to not allow the town to be targeted, but other situations where you would want to replace the existing buff. It’s a large, system wide change that we would need to make to suit all situations.