Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Interesting. In this particular case, there was no existing MB buff at all: just the expectation that MB’s “Barricade” would stack on top of the existing +10 fortifications.

Ah, well that sounds like a bug :slight_smile:

Fixed this yesterday. Will push to server soon.

Your units should indeed have +14. I will see if I can reproduce the issues and fix later today.

What did you have on the settlement already to get a +10 fortification? That doesn’t occur naturally; it would had to have had the Master Builder’s Barricade or the Spike Crafter’s Spiked Palisade.

Hrm, I’d better check that the fortifications go back down after a previous Master Builder wears off.

The Master Builder effect wears off? I thought it was permanent. The card doesn’t say anything about it wearing off.

Or do you mean that the previous bonus goes away when the ability is re-used on a settlement, then I would say it already does that (of a sorts), given the bug reported in the first place.

1 Like

You know, it’s entirely possible that the settlement had been raised to +10 by someone else before I got there – it’s a big Dwarf city in this 6p Watering Hole map, and I believe they start out at +6. So perhaps it was already raised but the buff message had expired?

Like Dex, I would have assumed that the Master Builder’s “Barricade” is a permanent addition to the settlement’s fortification bonus. There’s nothing in the text now to imply that it would wear off.

Anyhow, if the +10 bonus is a hard upper limit, then I would think the right thing to do is make sure that a Master Builder’s power can’t select a city that’s already at +10. Players should be prevented from spending resources on no-op moves, IMO.

If +14 is meant to be allowed … my original bug stands. :slight_smile:

Do you remember, or did you notice if there was a “Barricade” buff on the town before you cast yours. We dont explicitly prevent you doing a second barricade even though it will have no effect.

The Barricade buff is permanent. I think to have fortifications of 10, it would have to have Barricade. 6 is standard for Dwarf Fortress, 4 for Barricade. The Troll spikes give 6.

The fortified units should show a breakdown of the buffs, but the town itself just shows the total.

Buffs are shown on the town too!

Well there you go

I did not think to check before casting it, blithely assuming I wouldn’t be able to cast a no-op. :blush:
Me, I’d vote for explicitly preventing players from doing things that cost resources to no effect.

We did talk about this a bit in the past, I was a little bit concerned about preventing the player from doing things that I assume is a no-op when actually there is some reason the player wants to do it.

So for example, one day we might have a zombie that damages all units with a power ready to be cast, or perhaps we’ll have a zombie that get stronger for any mana you have unused (we are actually planning to do this one), or something else… I dont know what.

I think at least we should have a warning. :smile:

I think a warning is an excellent compromise, in that case.

The High Scores in the End-of-Game screen haven’t been showing up for me the last few days, just “Loading” forever. They appear correctly when viewing high scores from the menu.

same

It would be ideal if we could allow a faster unit could target a another unit to to then follow when they meet. As it is now, you have to rely on excellent timing to make disparate unit groups land at the same time.

2 Likes

It would be pretty nice if an Enter keypress would submit auth forms (thinking particularly of login and submitting game passwords). I always try that two or three times before remembering I have to go to the mouse and actually click a button.

1 Like

Sorry. That one has been hanging around on the bottom of the bug list for ages. I will try and do it soon!

Yep, I think a follow command would come it real handy!