Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

I’ve had Reapers Tally messed up on a map where I’ve had essentially the same thing happen both times but the scores have been very different.

Second 2962 score = Same Strategy, No units Lost, Took about 18-24 hours longer on burning some bodies. Did NOT recruit a 40 unit group.

2999 score = Same Strategy, Lost 3 unites in combat, Burned bodies quickly, Did NOT recruit a 40 unit group.

First 2962 score = Same Strategy, No units lost, Burned bodies quickly, Recruited a 40 unit group.

For some weird reason, getting into combat and losing 3 units effected my score and made it higher in maps where I never had combat and lost 0 units.

Maybe what’s causing this bug is after combat the Reapers Tally does a count and correctly counts?

Edit: The match starts with the correct score, I’ll try play around and see when exactly the score drops.

Neutral Giant Spiders trap non immortal units?

Right now I’m in a match where I have a unit trapped thanks to Giant Spiders. The only problem is that the only Giant Spiders this group got in combat with was a neutral bunch.

Here is the unit in particular. Note the “Mind Mist” just above it, this might be the cause of the bug as well, it might have done something funky to the spiders, “Mind Mist” is from the Troll “Lord of Confusion” zombie hero.

Here is a look at the combat log.

And here is the Spiders card.

How to possibly trigger

Have combat ontop of neutral Giant Spiders, do not recruit them

Or maybe

Have combat ontop of neutral Giant Spiders, do not recruit them, make a “Lord of Confusion” troll zombie hero use his ability and make sure all units taking part in combat are effected.

Observed results

Non immortal units are trapped

Expected results

Non immortal units aren’t trapped

(Although spiders trapping every unit it is in combat with is interesting as well)

Game message windows “Back” and “Next” are eating away at me

In a game, if there are a lot of messages, you can click “Back” and “Next” to view other pages of messages like below.

But here is where it eats away at me… “Next” means to go to older messages. “Back” means to go to newer messages.

It does make sense that you go to the next page to view messages and then go back to the newer messages… But I don’t know, it’s kinda OCD but I feel that it should be swapped around

… I’m so confused at what is happening.

No hours have passed. I only bought some cards, used a spell, was about to make some hours pass and checked again. I checked after I bought the cards and the Tally was the same…

Here are the cards I bought.

Edit: … I figured it out I think…

When you group up units… It removes from the Living score.

So the head of the group still counts like normal, but all followers turn into “Souls at Rest” until they ungroup…

Ah, thanks for helping me work it out. Those 40 Hammers that are following are not counted correctly.

edit: Yep. that’s it exactly!

Ah ha! Nice work @kuma_aus. Now I feel the need to go back and replay all of the good games I have had in the past to (once this is fixed or making sure not to group anything) to get my high scores where they should be.

updating the server now with all this mornings fixes.

Bridge Witch card right now doesn’t work. Using it does nothing it seems.

Sorry. My bad. Uploading fix now.

Did something like this also apply to the call out the dead ability? I tried to use this yesterday on a Dread Knight, figured it was just because he was immune or something.

yes soory.

Ah, no problem. In the long run it might make sense to have Dread Knights be immune. Seems a little OP to be able to control all zombies in a 3 league area with a single CC on the leader.

I’ve been thinking about how to improve the Dread Knight.

A lot of the time when he pops up it’s actually good news because the zombies will move to him rather than spreading. I think he might have to make them tougher or faster as well.

I just realized the thumbnail for the Queen’s Maul on the multiplayer screen is the old map. The thumbnail needs updated.

Not really a bug maybe, but could be a nice Quality of Life update to the game. This is hard to test so I might be wrong about this and I’m experiencing something else since to test this involves a lot of RNG.

Summary:
When you have a bunch of units grouped up, when the group engages in combat and the leader of the group dies, the group separates and stops moving together.

How to trigger:
Have a unit form a large group of followers. It works better when the units inside the group have different movement speeds.

Have the large group of followers + leader engage in combat

Hopefully the leader of the followers dies in combat

Observed results:
The group splits

Expected results:
The group re-forms a new group once the leader dies, appoints a random unit as leader and becomes the followers of that unit and continues on the same course that the old leader was on.

1 Like

Kuma’s idea is really good.

Maybe the next leader could be chosen by the order they were added to the group, that way you can queue up the ones who make the best leaders first, then the rest…

Ok, I’ll add this one too the list

This game seems to have crashed. Not sure the exact issue but it could be Bridge Witch related.

Looking at it now.

The game is working now because the bugged out unit died in a combat just a few seconds ago. I was trying to debug the issue when the time for the combat that he was in went past and he died.

There was a Dragonhelm Knight that was trying to flee from a Nightmare Lord at Kingsvale. He had been asked to flee right off the map for some reason. (I think perhaps he was in combat with the nightmare lord when his power triggered!)

I’m not sure he should have died in the combat, I didn’t get a good look but I think he had an army with him.

Anyow, I will have a closer look at the fleeing code and make sure units can’t be asked to flee off the map.

1 Like

You have to admit though… off the map would be a great place to flee. :wink: