Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

The human hero unit Alpine Hunter has ‘human_tank_flavor’ as the flavor text, I’m guessing that’s supposed to say something else?

Game seems to have crashed again

I wasn’t fast enough to catch it busted. Was there just a combat at stormy acres?

Just asked the player near it.

Also I saw that “When some spiders entered combat with some hydra they disappeared.” was on the bugs section in Trello. In the match there was actually combat to kill the 6000 STR Hydra.

I think it was MAXymilian that did this combat and sent the pic. I can’t check since the game has me as having left it or something.

Thanks Kuma, I did see that screenshot! I didn’t realise he had an army in place for it. I need to clean up trello later today. Got a bit messy over the weekend.

When you host a map, pressing the “?” next to the Difficulty and Player Type ends up not lowering other information so you can read what they say.

I clicked on the ? next to Player Type and this happened. The same happens for Difficulty.

Thanks Kuma. I’ll fix this up when that screen next sees some love.

Not really a bug but Zombie Hydras don’t seem to be that intelligent. I can understand dying and rotting away and then coming back to life can effect your thinking processes, but still I think if Hydras were a little smarter, at least on harder difficulties, it would be interesting. Here is what I’ve noticed so far with Zombie Hydras.

Currently
Zombie Hydras look out for any living settlement in swamps and goes over to take them over.

Once all living settlements in swamps are taken over by the Blight, they just remain where they are.

Suggestion
At least on harder difficulties, the Hydras move in a position like a co-ordinated effort to be a “Swamp Watchdog” once all locations are blighted in Swamps.

Whenever living units enter swamps, the Hydras are “alerted” and might make their way over. If there is a few Hydras near the source of living units in the swamps, those Hydras will go while the some others will keep watch in case others enter in different areas.

Notes
Now it’s a little bit hard to actually test AI, so I might be wrong about how Hydras behave. Right now I’m in 2 maps with them and it’s only Mid Game so at End Game things might change.

i could not find it listed anywhere so i post it here:

I found a bug/feature which does not feel quite right. It happens when you merge units, which can cast. For example:

i have like 3 Dark Forest Whitches all have the spell ready.

1. First Whitch does cast its spell, so does it is on cooldown now.
  2. Merge first Whitch with second Whitch (having the second whitch selected)
  3. Cooldown is now gone and i can cast the spell again with its power doubled
  4. Merge Witch 3 with the other Group
  5. Same effect: Cooldown gone, improved power

Its pretty strong this way i thing.

Yeah, there’s been a discussion about this in the past… I think the outcome of that was that since it was a one time deal (you can’t split a unit to do it again) that it wasn’t terribly OP since mana costs also scaled.

i see. yea especially with the forest witches i find it rather exploiting since you end up with a lot of dmg done and still more mana than before :slight_smile:

It’s a bit of a tricky one. Perhaps what we should do is make the power on cooldown, but half the amount of time left. Something like that.

Yep, as Eshal says we had a discussion in this thread on it. It can be hard to find, so if you are curious to read it, it starts here and goes for 5 posts after that: Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs - #116 by kuma_aus

The witches could be a “problem” whether the cooldown is reset on merge or not (although consider that that is a lot of what their point is, to be mana generators like that, and consider if you don’t have enough disparate zombies around to get enough kills back out of it). You can only do the reset once per two units and then you have to live with the consequences the rest of the game.

i overflow the discussions, thx Dex.

Actually the solution is very complicated, i had the idea of reseting the CD but not increasing the spell power for the first shot. But that would be hard to implement and unfair if you dont use the spell right away. Also: what happens if you then again merge another groupt into it. To much to think about.

A not so good solution (but it would probably feel "better) would be to simply only allow merging if the group is not on CD.

Hi jay. I’ve only played the very first tutorial so far, but two things popped out at me.

First, when creating the game, the drop down defaults say difficulty normal. But in the post-game summary it says easy. I certainly didn’t touch the defaults.

Second, it says I gained a star, and that my total stars is now 0. This should obviously be 1. :slight_smile:

Oh hey Chris!

The tutorial missions are all forced onto easy. I will try and remove the difficulty dropdown to get rid of that confusion.

I’m not sure about the stars thing, but I know where to start looking, the client might not have updated data about your account balance on that screen.

Are you going to play some more? Let’s get into an MP game together. I’ll fix you up with some premium.

Yeah the plan was to grab a few of the work lads together and play a few games. We’re just slowly getting there though, going to have everyone do the tutorials first before we pile into a game.

Hello Jay,

I don’t know it is a bug, feature or exploit :slight_smile: but i think you should know about this.

On this example I am playing White-Red Orcs with 3 with players who has gone AWOL

Than I leave the game and joining in again

and picking “for example” Blue-Yelow Orcs

do my things and when done I’m returning to my original “Player Position”

You can see it for example in this game.

Don’t get me wrong it helps to prevent the total disaster, if you deal with the game when the player has left the game.

I just think you should know about this.

Thanks @MAXymilian

Yeah, the other day somebody jumped in and out of a few open spots and just collected up all the gold and mana that was lingering there.

I would much prefer people to find other players to help them with the map so I think I might have to prevent an account re-joining a game in a different player position, just so this is not what people always do.

Hey Jay,

I’m currently having a problem in both of the games I am currently playing. This issue seems to be queuing units to move as a group. Any units that are grouped I cannot queue any movement. If I remove them from the army I can queue them individually however.

Units that are grouped get a server error and a prompt to refresh.