December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Nice to see we finally made it to the Finals! :wink:

As mentioned before, how about @Trucriot you work directly with @Solfyre to create a map (and params) that both of you find acceptable - just send me the link when you are ready.

And yea, since you are the last two standing, no rush … although be nice to conclude the December/2020 tournament within a year! :wink:

1 Like

Its all fine by me. When you’re available @Trucriot , there is a game linked to the NPstats for us already if you like the map. I’ve logged into it already and made a few of my initial moves if we decide its up our alley. :slight_smile:

Ooops … I should have checked that was already there.
Looks like a good map to me - hopefully enough contact points so a stalemate doesn’t ensure.

So yea, if you guys are amenable to using that one for the Championship game, give it a shot!

Looks like a great map! My thought is, if you stalemate again we give the victory to 3rd place :wink:

Ya, you wish! Although, you’ll have to battle @DarkDragonwing for that right. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that idea, @panblanco!

But @Solfyre is right, we would have to battle for 3rd place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, good luck to both of you, @Solfyre and @Trucriot!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the map looks fine to play and I’m sure we’ll manage to finish within the year haha. Though in case of a draw / stalemate I’d refer to the precedent set in 2018 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

True … but since both @Trucriot and @Solfyre are undefeated, it would be nice if you guys played a game to determine the King of the Hill.

Pinging this thread as a reminder to @Trucriot and @Solfyre that they should start soon if they plan to finish within the year! :wink:

Eh, we started at a similar time last year and managed to finish with a draw just around December, so I’m quite optimistic! :wink: Joining tonight as discussed in the rankings thread.

@Solfyre not only warping time, space and carriers in our game, but also combat :crazy_face: :exploding_head:

Looks like a bug in the calculator not the game. When you work it by hand defender wins. Sorry @Trucriot

I’ll try and have a look whats wrong with the calculator soon.

r0 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 r6 r7 r8 r9
4 25 22 19 16 13 10 7 4 1 -2
3 33 29 25 21 17 13 9 5 1 -3

I think bug is in the game.

Defender has 1st strike & W+1 advantage.

Defender has W3+1 & makes 9 strikes to kill attacker.
Defender (3+1) * 9 = 36 > 33 attacker defeated

Attacker has W3 & makes 8 strikes against defender.
Defender wins with 1 ship = 25 - 3 * 8

A defender almost can never lose 23 ships unless attacker has W23 or W1.

Oh I see, there are 2 remaining not 1. I misread the report :slight_smile:

I know where the bug is because I fixed it when I was doing the java script port a few months ago, Its in the function that spreads the damage among the different carriers.

Yea, I’ve seen that issue crop up before - I believe it can happen on offense also.
Plus I believe there is a case where the carriers get wiped out even though ships are left.

I’ve prepared a fix for this bug. There was one Tab character missing. (a python indentation error.)
All my unit tests seem to be still passing and I made a new test for this exact case.

All poke around some more to make sure nothing else is broken, then try and push the fix out.

@Trucriot is king of the hill… For now!

He played a great game in the December/2020 Final and managed to fend me off without the use of warp gates early on. I went heavy on them and made a few gains, but not enough to warrant the cost. It set me back too much financially and I wasn’t able to make enough gains. Lesson learned. Congrats to @Trucriot for a perfectly played game. He didn’t make any big mistakes for me to take advantage of. Too bad.

Thank you @Solfyre! It’s an honor to get my first KO tournament title against such an esteemed player, both of us going undefeated in all of our 11 1v1 tournament rounds up to this point. And the game had lots in store with the biggest frontline I have ever encountered in a mirrored galaxy - which you immediately extended with warp gates much to my chagrin. Great map choice by @HULK to avoid another draw like last year between us.

Inspired by @BelSon and @plug, I actually recorded the whole game with live commentary. If I get around to editing the huge chunk of video material, I may put it on YouTube for those interested in how this December/2020 Final played out.

1 Like

Great to hear. We could always use more videos out there. I do have material for more videos, and I plan on recording more games, I just need to find the time. Look forward to your video!

1 Like

Congrats @Trucriot for winning the December/2020 1v1 tournament - OP updated.

Sounds like it was a “perfect” final with a battle of the undefeated players for King of the Hill - I like @Solfyre’s parting comment … for now! :wink:

Speaking of which, I’ll comment in the April/2021 tournament thread, but we are looking for a substitute for the semi-final match against me and I’ve suggested @Solfyre … if you win, you get another chance against @Trucriot

Glad the map worked out well for you guys and would be great @Trucriot if you would post your video since this was a legendary game - we’ll probably never have another battle of the undefeated’s.

1 Like