December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Sadly I’m doing all I can that it will not work out fine. :wink: Not ready to quit just yet, but the pressure is building fast and steady.

Edit: Nevermind, I read quick and confused u to Trucriot. :smiley:

Edit2: @HULK @panblanco Sorry for the wait. At start I was playing 3 1vs1’s for a long time and then Trucriot hit some heavy work loads, then we were supposed to fastplay during last weekend, but I got sick etc etc. :frowning: But we are moving along.

1 Like

It’s finally over. Good job @Trucriot! Was fun and great battling with you, but time to admit the facts. You broke my defences and it’s over. Well played and let the Semi’s begin. Good luck to all still in tournament!

@HULK to update the thread.

The LONGEST game finally ends! :wink:

I have updated the first post and so @panblanco (who has been patiently waiting) can finally start his semi-final game against @Trucriot - please join this game and start the carnage.

Great play by @Dysp, was really lucky to finally break through his defenses as he was beginning to catch up on me in infrastructure while the map circumstances made it difficult to put my ship surplus to good use.

@panblanco - I’ll join our game on Sunday so we can get in a decent pace right from the start.

Just pinging this thread to “encourage” our semi-final’ists to keep submitting:
@panblanco vs @Trucriot - game link
@Solfyre vs @DarkDragonwing - game link

I just conceded against @Solfyre at tick 342. It was a tough game with ups and downs on my side, but in the end I was not able to beat him, argh…

Congratulations and good luck in the final game, @Solfyre! :smiley:

We had some good back and forth, for sure. You made some good moves and played tough defense, but that early lead I managed to grab via warp gates gave me the edge that turned the tide. See you next time @DarkDragonwing!

Valiant effort @DarkDragonwing as @Solfyre retains his perfect record.

He’ll play the winner of @Trucriot and @panblanco … where it looks like @Trucriot has a slight lead. I don’t want to pre-judge the results, but if he emerges victorious, I would suggest that he create the Championship map since the last time he and @Solfyre faced off, it ended up in a stalemate … so I want to try to ensure the layout is such to minimize that possibility.

It is a slight lead, but let’s only talk logistics once it’s decided :wink: As of now, @panblanco is still giving me new riddles to solve at every turn.

Yea, hopefully I was clear when I said I “don’t want to pre-judge the results” … good luck @panblanco! :wink:

I’ve just conceded :slight_smile: trucriot played well and deserves the victory.

Thanks @panblanco for the truly challenging game!

@Solfyre - due to time constraints I’d focus my attention on the April tournament a bit first if you don’t mind. This time we certainly won’t keep anyone else waiting here at least :wink:

Nice to see we finally made it to the Finals! :wink:

As mentioned before, how about @Trucriot you work directly with @Solfyre to create a map (and params) that both of you find acceptable - just send me the link when you are ready.

And yea, since you are the last two standing, no rush … although be nice to conclude the December/2020 tournament within a year! :wink:

1 Like

Its all fine by me. When you’re available @Trucriot , there is a game linked to the NPstats for us already if you like the map. I’ve logged into it already and made a few of my initial moves if we decide its up our alley. :slight_smile:

Ooops … I should have checked that was already there.
Looks like a good map to me - hopefully enough contact points so a stalemate doesn’t ensure.

So yea, if you guys are amenable to using that one for the Championship game, give it a shot!

Looks like a great map! My thought is, if you stalemate again we give the victory to 3rd place :wink:

Ya, you wish! Although, you’ll have to battle @DarkDragonwing for that right. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like that idea, @panblanco!

But @Solfyre is right, we would have to battle for 3rd place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, good luck to both of you, @Solfyre and @Trucriot!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the map looks fine to play and I’m sure we’ll manage to finish within the year haha. Though in case of a draw / stalemate I’d refer to the precedent set in 2018 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

True … but since both @Trucriot and @Solfyre are undefeated, it would be nice if you guys played a game to determine the King of the Hill.