December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Good to see that most players have signed up.

Still to go are @BelSon - @Feca - @DarkDragonwing … so when you guys wake up (totally cool that you are allowed to sleep … turn-based games for the WIN!), please join you games and we are ROCKING!

A reminder that if anyone else wants to join, please sign up by replying here;
but that is only going to last a little bit longer.

Note that if you do sign up at this point, I’ll look to see how the first round-games are going … and favor pairing you against a seeded player who it looks like will have to wait a while. The idea being we don’t want the tournament to get “stalled” out.

Game joined, will play my first turn soon. I foresee a challenging match. Good luck to all competitors!

Thanks @BelSon … and FYI that in case I came across as “pushy”, I’m just trying to get the tournament off to a clean start!

Both you and @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS are battle scarred veterans … so yea, that should be a very competitive first round match - hope to see one of you in the semi-finals! :wink:

1 Like

Hmm… So, you dont hope to see me, eh @HULK :wink:

Zatoc and I have finished early. New to the format, he would like an opportunity for a practice match, which I offered to play with him. Understandably he didnt want to try to use our tournament match as his practice, since the uphill battle would have been too tough to enjoy.
If someone could create a game for us. @HULK?

In the meantime, @BelSon and @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS… I’ll be waiting.

This is my first time playing the 1v1 format and it is a lot of fun! Here come the space battles…

@Zatoc - it’s tough playing your first 1v1 game against @panblanco … but instead of going against him again, I haven’t heard anything from @Feca so why don’t we pair you up against @exOrbitant in this game? If the slot is still open, go ahead and take it.

Once that game filled, I’m going to close down the tournament to new entries.

I’ve updated the first post to show @panblanco advancing and also noticed that @Dr_Gaming won their game. I’ve also added a list of the 2nd round games and will put game links in there soon once the tournament is closed to new entries … which will be soon.

Speaking of which, @exOrbitant is still waiting for an opponent in this game … so if @Feca or @Zatoc want to join, it’s whoever gets there first …

Haven’t played in a tournament like this before. I’ve got to say it’s quite an interesting experience especially with the mirrored map and the way the tech works.

Haha @panblanco, we’ll be ready, and you’ll be sorry :smiley:

I think @HULK chose a great map for 1v1… but not so much for turn based, with potential for brawls everywhere. Prediction will certainly play a huge part in our mid-to-end game.
(Of course, that’s just my opinion, @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS may think otherwise :slight_smile:)

I have joined.

Thanks @HULK
Played the game v pan like it was a slow grow 32player game and this is basically a new style of game that requires major different tactics

I am learning the craft

Cool @Zatoc - you got a BONUS game … now starting SMASHING and hopefully we’ll meet in the finals!

FYI that the tournament is now CLOSED to new entries.

I have posted links for the round two games in the first post.
BTW, do double-check the parameters to make I have them right … and while I try to pick “good” maps, holler if it looks like it won’t play well - we want carnage on multiple fronts! :wink:

@GluteusMaximusII and @Macomber are having a heck of a game - already at tick #204 and very close … plus looking at their game map, aggressive moves by both players with incursions across the border.

1 Like

It’s been a rip-roaring showdown so far, tick #258 now. After some bold invasions on both our parts, our fleets have settled down somewhat…for the time being…

Yeah, there was some pretty violent back and forth for a bit, now we’ve settled with neither able to gain a clear advantage yet. Weps 3 gives a strong advantage to defense, so there’s a bit of a lag while trying to get things in place. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

@kinghuang’s and my game has been action packed from the beginning. Great map choice @HULK! We blew through 16 turns in the first day but have slowed down since then.

We both started Bank 2 followed by Terra 2. Afterwards I went for Bank 3 and an early Range 2 while he rushed Mfg 2. Now we’re even on tech, except he has Scan 2 opposed to my Range 3. Range 3 unlocked 10 more stars, so I’m hoping the extra resources will make up for my lower combat tech.

I’ve been able to snag defender bonus in several places, but his early mfg lead has caused us to stay dead even in ship counts. Pretty even in infrastructure as well. I’m slightly up, but I’m pretty sure he’s holding most of his cash for a big economy purchase this cycle.

57 to 54 stars
25 to 23 carriers
652 to 650 ships
98 to 81 economy
75 to 64 industry
33 to 27 science

1 Like

Got a little busy with work, but I’ll be back at it very soon! It’s definitely been a great game so far.

No worries! Had a busy weekend myself.

At tick 174, our game is over with a win for me. @gaz123 fought well but got a bit behind at the start which then cascaded as the game went on. Really well played!

@Macomber and I ended up pretty stagnant for a lot of rapid fire turns. We’re now at turn 342, very even in stars, he has a slight edge in ship count but I have a slight edge in production.

Me : Mac

Econ- 513 : 379
Ind- 196 : 175
Sci- 148 : 105

Scan- 4:4
Range- 5:4
Terra- 13:11
Bank- 4:4
Manu- 7:8

I have an edge, it remains to be seen if I can turn it into something. Weps locked at 3 is a prettty tough defensive edge.

Better luck next time @gaz123 and congrats on the win @Kaine.

I’ve updated the first post with the results and those who are in the second round should go ahead and join your games - the links are up for @panblanco - @Dysp - @Trucriot - @Solfyre - @Dr_Gaming - @Karmadrome

Crazy game @GluteusMaximusII and @Macomber - who is going to pull out a can of whoop-ass!?!?