December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

I’m just waiting for him to click ‘submit’ and we’re off to the races. :wink:

Separately- is it just me or is the NP2STATS link for this tournament borked? I had gotten it to load before, it won’t load anymore on either Chrome or Edge.

Check out dysp’s post. 4 posts up :wink:

Copy. I suck.

Hey man, you dont suck… you’re just used to being the rear :grin:

1 Like

I always find myself behind events. I can never get a leg up.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but squats could help :wink:

And stretching… flexibility is often overlooked.

My game against @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS was short and sweet, lasting 90 ticks. I managed to out-expand in the initial phase to get up to a 20 star lead at one point, and they weren’t able to come back from that. GG!

@panblanco I’ve joined our round 2 game and will put in initial moves a little later. Good luck and have fun! :slight_smile:

@Hulk I’m on my way… be prepared :smiley:

Wooooo … that’s some serious HULK SMASH @Belson! :wink:
Good job jumping right in for your game against @panblanco.
I am still waiting for @TheLastHero and @kinghuang to finish so I can face the winner for my 2nd round match … and then hopefully advance to the 3rd round.

Congrats to all the winners so far! Life has gotten busy this past week so our game has slowed down a bit, but we’re still making good progress :+1:

@kinghuang is definitely leading, but it’s still close enough to go either way.

@kinghuang – Me

Stars: 67 to 62
Ships: 1865 to 1993
Carriers: 76 to 55
Eco: 146 to 124
Indy: 129 to 29
Sci: 62 to 59

Scanning: 2 to 2
Range: 3 to 3
Terra: 5 to 5
Bank: 6 to 4
Mfg: 5 to 6

I wish! :grin:

It’s a tight game. We’ve got a bit of an oscillating pattern going!

129 haha

Possible upset as @plug has a good lead over #2 seed @Karmadrome in this game …

Hoping everyone else is able to move some moves during the Holiday Season to keep things moving …

Not sure about the upset as @plug is a veteran and known to be an excellent player, but yeah he’s kicking my butt in this one. @plug got the better of the early exchanges and has kept pulling away. IMO he’s played the perfect game with no mistakes. I’ll keep fighting, but it’s looking pretty bad for the Karma army… :slightly_frowning_face:

I knew I’d need something special against such a top player as @Karmadrome and it’s a privilege to be battling him. There’ve been some very close critical battles - definitely an epic!

I just conceded against @panblanco. I made a few too many mistakes and they made a few good predictions, and while I’m up a couple of eco points (up ~10 eco but down in banking), I’m 10 stars down and behind in science, indy and ship count. GG

Good game @BelSon!

Congrats @panblanco on winning against @BelSon (a worthy foe) and being the first in round #3.

I agree @Karmadrome that @plug is also a worthy foe … and yea, if one plays a solid game and gets a couple of breaks (especially early on), that is tough to come back from. I’ve experienced first-hand your SMASH HULK against me … so as Captain America says: “Dr. Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry!”

@Keeves just won our game. It was a really nice game with some tense moments but he ended up securing his lead and there is now way I could have catch up.

Better luck next time @SimonMiaou … and congrats @Keeves … who should join this game against @Dysp for your 2nd round match.

First Post has been updated with results.