Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 06/2022]

Excited to have made it to the semi-finals, although it seems I have a rather scary opponent for my match. Well I’ll give it my best, nothing more I can do I guess :slight_smile:

@Satirael and I have concluded our game. It was an interesting map with a bunch of “rocks” in the center, thwarting my ideal early warp gate play. It was hyperspace 3 that unlocked a rather roundabout warp path. Im not sure Satirael ever built any. They definately helped me finish off the win. Not too sure they were the difference though. I managed to take and hold a couple key stars, destroying numerous reinforcements. That probably was the main difference. Thanks @Satirael !

1 Like

It was a fine game, although I didn’t play it very well. I never did build any warp gates, because I felt the placement was quite odd, although i did consider it a few times, might have been a mistake, but to be honest it didn’t feel like that was the big difference this game. I never really expected to win (still hoped to of course and intended to try), yet I had hoped to maybe put up a bit more of a fight than i did, but nevertheless it was fun. Thanks for playing @Solfyre !

The K Duel between @Kaine and @Kwhwwymwn is currently evened out in stars at 192 ticks. I’ll determine the winner for the final at Tick 216 - let me know when you hit it.

During those 24 ticks Kaine managed to take an hold only one star and he had to spend a lot of ships in the process

1. @Kaine [AQ-14] vs. @Kwhwwymwn [FR-19] 52-50 TIGHT WIN Kwhwwymwn (+31) after 216 ticks

Based on stats alone, the game would have been a draw. As it did not reach the 245 tick goal, the wait times are assessed and Kwhwwymwn inches it out to a tight victory and moves on to the final game.

Thanks
Does the amount of ships and the ship production weight in to determinate the winner?

Well played @Kaine, we can keep fighting if you want

1 Like

Nah I’ll exit there - pulling put all the stops for the last tick means the next will go to you anyway :slight_smile: good luck in the final

Thanks

I lost against @Solfyre in the first match because he managed to snipe my warpgates, i’ll be careful to not remake that error

1. @Solfyre [US-1] vs @Kwhwwymwn [FR-19]

The Grand Final map is finally ready for you two! Please join within this week and try to finish the game within this month :wink:

https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=82

I’m in! Interesting map. Excited to see how it plays out.

I’m in
It’s a very interesting game

The Finale has ended with @Kwhwwymwn conceding at tick 114. I had a strong lead at that point which was only getting bigger. I made a big play for a centrally located star midway through and then just loaded it up with ships. That forced him to shut down his warp system and that was probably the beginning of the end. Thanks for the good game @Kwhwwymwn !

1 Like

Congrats! You are now the record holder in terms of Flying Swiss titles :cowboy_hat_face:

After 7 months, a new round is starting again! Sign up in the linked thread above if you’re interested. Pinging previous participants: @Solfyre @Kaine @Kwhwwymwn @Satirael @Nat20 @plug @BelSon @Dr_Gaming @Lex @AllSkillNoPants @Jewish_Star_Empire @olus2000 @Bio-M6 @BattleBorn @tenerezu @sarcophagus @gaz123 @Prole_Matt @OneBlue @June

Yes, count me in please!

Different thread, but good to have you :blush:

Count me in, its been too damn long since I did some 1v1’ing

Haha think I have to work on my wording, sign-ups are in the new thread :grin:

1 Like