Flying Swiss 1v1 Tournament [FS 06/2022]

PS. New Zealand

No worries, as long as it’s easy to recognize who you are it’s fine. Thanks for the flag submission!

Thanks for setting this up! I am in Canada.

The tournament is aiming for players to submit twice a day, meaning 12 ticks. So, seems like a good number to aim for. 12 ticks per day until the game ends.

Something like players battle it out for 10 days getting in as many turns as they can. Then, with 4 days remaining, a 48 tick deadline is then applied. Players for the most part should be able to make that happen, I hope!

Only bummer is it might just be more work for you, our grand tournament master, @Trucriot .

For the honour of the great white south!

@Trucriot @tenerezu there is a problem in our game - we have mirrored stars, but not mirrored starting positions. We will probably need a remake?

Related to Mathematical oddities in NP

Thanks for pointing that out. Quite unlucky.

I provided a new map in the tool, please join that one instead.

Good catch, especially since I missed the original start message

My opponent @June has not joined the game yet. I’ve dropped them a message to remind them of it.

We’re off to a flying ( :wink: ) start and my game with @AllSkillNoPants just concluded with a victory claimed for the Land Without Bears. They fought very well, especially considering it was 2nd game ever, but were slightly slow off the mark for the initial expansion, which then caused compound issues for the rest of the game. We had some pretty rapid submissions on both sides which is why it concluded so quickly as well!

Well played @Kaine and thanks again for being patient with me!

Grats both for the quick game! Next one should be even more intense in a week, so enjoy the break.

@June: @sarcophagus is still waiting for you. Please join your game immediately, otherwise the first round will be a forfeiture at the end of this week.

I managed to edge out @gaz123 in game 2. I think my risk of building an early Warp Gate at my home star made the difference, and helped me win the opening skirmishes.

Thanks for the game!

You too! Told you I was pretty hopeless!! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

@plug is #3 of the world for a reason, most players would be underdogs in a game against him :smile:

Meanwhile, @sarcophagus wins his first game against @June by default. Hope the latter shows up again as we still have three more full rounds ahead.

1 Like

I’m conceding to Nat20 and pulling out of the tourny. The game has been great, I’ve really enjoyed Nat20 as an opponent. In opening moves he tried a pincer attack which was effective, in response I shot up the middle hoping to pillage his home system Having established a foothold we hit a stalemate of sorts. I had the slight edge and used it to launch various attacks which Nat20 countered nicely. Currently while I still edge him on star count, he has the tactical advantage.

The reason for dropping the tourny is that I had forgotten why I prefer real time games over turn based. This is not intended to be a criticism of the format. Best of luck to everyone else :slight_smile:

I have defeated @olus2000 . Thanks for the game!

Good game! Was a really close one, you kept me on my toes from start to finish. Enjoyed it a lot, that stalemate we had really was quite interesting. Trading blows back and forth. Catching important stars. The whole shebang.

Your welcome, and well played.

It would be great if you reconsidered, seems like it was a close game even though it was in what’s generally the toughest round for underdogs. As stated in the OP there is no way to prematurely pull out in this tournament. Once the participants are set, four subsequent games are determined based on Swiss rules in any case.