Ranked 2v2 games Edition 1 Thread

Sure, ill give it go!

Count me in! :smiley:

Okay sign me up as well, could be fun trying a 2v2 :slight_smile:

We have 12 players, with just over one week to go before the deadline. Thank you all for signing up! This means we have 3 games in our first edition, and may just end up with a fourth if we garner enough last-minute interest. I’d say we are off to a solid start!

I’m in

@BelSon I think i need to duck out, so @Lex can take my position as 12th player

Sorry to see you go. But thanks for letting us know! I hope to see you in future editions…

I also might need to drop out. I’ve been a bit to busy recently for these tournaments so i’m going to try to take a break. If we get a new (new) 12th player then I will drop out, but I am willing to stay in if we don’t get anymore players

I’ll join

With @spymort joining, that means @Skilly146 can also drop out. With us still on 12 players and interest seems to have dried up, I might as well start organising the games now. Any further sign-ups can be for reserves, unless we happen to get four more players, in which case I will set up a game with them. But for now, our players (in order of sign-up, with their 1v1 ranking), are:

1. BelSon (12)
  2. plug (3)
  3. Macomber (13)
  4. sarcophagus (-)
  5. gaz123 (-)
  6. iippabella (28)
  7. Kwhwwymwn (-)
  8. Solfyre (2)
  9. MalcolmReynolds (18)
  10. Satirael (-)
  11. Lex (20)
  12. spymort (22)

Once sorted into teams, our games will look like:
Game 1:
Solfyre (2) + Macomber (13) vs plug (3) + BelSon (12)

Game 2:
MalcolmReynolds (18) + iippabella (28) vs Lex (20) + spymort (22)

Game 3:
sarcophagus + Kwhwwymwn vs gaz123 + Satirael

I will create the games some time this weekend, and once games are created players will have one week to join the game. I will post a notice in this thread and ping everyone once I have created the games. Feel free to cheer on your favourite team!

1 Like

Big thanks for organising this @BelSon - should be fun!

Very happy to be able to put this on.

Also as a general fyi, the players in game 3 also have 1v1 rankings, and they will be added to the above post once I get them from Trucriot. Those rankings may end up changing the teams in the last game, but will not change anything else.

Yeah thanks for organizing it, looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully it’ll be a lot of fun :slight_smile:

I have decided to go with the games I outlined above, since the exact rankings of the players does not matter when considering 2v2 match-ups. So I have now created the games, and the links are here for the players to join. Please join your game within 7 days from the time of this post, else it will be forfeited and/or a replacement player will be found. In all games, the default teams are Blue + Cyan (Team 1) vs Green + Yellow (Team 2), unless Blue + Cyan are opposite each other. If this is the case, then the teams become Blue + Green (Team 1) vs Cyan + Yellow (Team 2). Teams are allowed to choose which position they start in within the team, if they so choose.

With regards to obligatory formal alliances, we had 12 voters, 9 of which expressed a preference to have formal alliances made mandatory. While no reasons were given for these opinions, I will still go with them due to it being the clear preference of the players. So for all these games, teams must FA at the start of the match.

Game 1: Neptune's Pride
@Solfyre + @Macomber (Blue + Cyan)
vs
@plug + @BelSon (Green + Yellow)

Game 2: Neptune's Pride
Replacement: Neptune's Pride
@MalcolmReynolds + @iippabella (Blue + Cyan)
vs
@Lex + @spymort (Green + Yellow)

Game 3: Neptune's Pride
@sarcophagus + @Kwhwwymwn (Blue + Green)
vs
@gaz123 + @Satirael (Cyan + Yellow)

May you all enjoy this inaugural edition of the 2v2 Tower Team Tournament! (Thanks @Trucriot for the name :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I just realised I need to give you passwords for the games! Password for all games is “2v2”, without the quotes.

@MalcolmReynolds @iippabella any chance y’all could join the match sometime soon?
Game Link is above :slight_smile:

@MalcolmReynolds you have less than 24 hours to join your game, or it will be forfeit for you.

Can you clarify the win conditions for these 2v2 games please? @Satirael and I have in total the required number of stars, but no win has been triggered. Does that mean one player in a team has to get the required number and not the team?

Generally in team style tournaments, the game ends when one team has taken control of the map such that the other team concedes.

The actual win conditions are as you guessed @gaz123 , one player must reach the appropriate star count. Generally, that will not ever happen as it means having to almost wipe out the other team. So, think of it as trying to force them into resignation.

Does that help?

Pretty much what @Solfyre said. You can win through one player getting 50% of the stars, or by the other team resigning. There is unfortunately no in-built way for the win condition to cumulatively apply to multiple players, so that’s why it’s 50% and not 66%.