1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 10/2022]

I would like to request a draw in my game with SimonMiaou.
Current star count is
Tenerezu - 73
SimonMiaou - 61
This count has not changed in 120 ticks

Is it a stalemate though? You have a star lead, which means you have cheaper resources and will be able to scale faster than your opponent and eventually win, even if it takes a lot of time.

Because stars is what determines winner/loss, and you have more stars and your opponent has been unable to fight back, that means you would be the winner. Of course, SimonMiaou would have to concede, but a 73-61 is not a stalemate. Even if the frontline has stabilised, you have a secure star lead which would mean that you would be the winner

I view stalemates as events where neither player can win. I am requesting a draw.
Since there has been the same star count for at least 96 ticks, either player may call a draw. I am exercising the option formally via the forum per the requirement.

1 Like

Game between me and @olus2000 unexpectedly ended with @olus2000 conceding defeat (and going AFK for a turn or two before).
We started with quite different strategies and it would be very interesting to see who would win in the end. I went for all stars in my range as soon as possible with focus on economy and industry while @olus2000 went for science and pushing banking and manufacturing to catch me.
I enjoyed this one, too bad it had to end early.

Hello! Had some false returns in the past but I think I will finally start playing this game again. Put me in coach! @Trucriot

1 Like

I do not think we’re at a draw yet.
Sure you do have more stars and number of stars didn’t change for a while. But it doesn’t mean it won’t change. I could go on why, but that would reveal my gameplay :wink:

Fortunately the rules allow for either player to call for a draw when the criteria is met. I’m exercising my option.

1 Like

Yes, first time someone exercises this option, but yours and @SimonMiaou’s game is counted as a draw now.

1 Like

Great! Check the forum in the next 7 to 14 days, next LLL round will probably start then.

@Karmadrome and I have finished our game (No. 2 on the list), and I managed to gain the win. It was close all the way, with plenty of interesting ‘gate’ moves, but in the end the numbers swung my way. 1v1 NP at its best!

@Trucriot - hopefully we finished within the time-frame OK?

Finished my game with @panblanco

Had to play catch up all game, panblanco just had a better open than me which set up a definite advantage that I was unable to counter

@panblanco, I’m curious, about when do you usually build a warp gate on your home star?

Oh, depends on the map… sometimes range 3. Ive had some maps where there is a decent star directly en route and I have made a warp gate beforethe first cycle…

It really depends on the layout.

@Satirael and I are still fighting away. It’s been an entertaining and active game. As you can see, I’ve managed to hang on to a stubborn lead in stars that I built up through some successful early attacks, but @Satirael has defended against further advances and made some counter-attacks. He has built up a lead in ships that I’m having a hard time closing up. I’d say there isn’t a clear victor at the moment, could still go either way. @Trucriot, what is our deadline?

Grats to the winners and challengers!
@plug and @Macomber: No time limit on LLL games though a result would be called for ladder determination before the next round starts. I may find time on the weekend to open sign-ups :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Trucriot - looking forward to the next round.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Results of LLL 10/2022

1. @Lex [CA-5] d. @BelSon [AU-7]
  2. @plug [GB-3] d. @Karmadrome [GB-13]
  3. @panblanco [US-15] d. @spymort [AU-8]
  4. @Macomber [CA-20] vs. @Satirael [DK-18] - currently 62-54
  5. @MLaZz [SI-26] d. @olus2000 [PL-23]
  6. @tenerezu [MX] / @SimonMiaou draw
  7. @Akika d. @Bewildered_Baker
  8. @Lorentz d. @AStonedApe
  9. @FredGarvin d. @Nassau

The next chance to fight on a new level and start well into the new year - sign up here: 1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 12/2022]

(sign-ups do not carry over automatically from this round)

I have conceded in my long-running game with @Satirael at tick 360. Well played to my opponent, it was a good one! I had an early lead in stars that I held onto for some time, but I didn’t make the best use of it as I sent out various attacks that didn’t win new territory, throwing away any ship advantage as @Satirael held on, defended adroitly, and built up strength. I had some fun with warp gates but that also wasted credits and I fell behind in infrastructure. Over the last couple weeks, @Satirael started pushing forwards and taking stars in a steady campaign. I fought back with some successes but it became increasingly clear that victory would be his in time, especially as his lead in ship count grew to 1000+, so I resigned to let us focus on our new LLL games.

I think the main lesson I’d take away for my future games is trying to only launch attacks when they’ll have a decisive effect in taking new stars… I think sometimes I have a ‘throwing spaghetti at the wall’ play style of launching attacks even if I’m not sure they’ll work out in the hopes of wearing down my foe, keeping them off balance, and also because I don’t want to stay too static or inactive for the sake of personal entertainment… but patience is a virtue in this game.

A slow paced, but fun game. Well played to you as well @Macomber , definelty a good game. The early game saw me pushed quite far back, but by managing my borders very carefully to push any attacks away, I slowly managed to overtake @Macomber in both number of ships nd production, eventually leading to the offensive I was playing out when @Macomber resigned. THanks for playing I enjoyed our game very much :slight_smile:

1 Like