August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Bring it on @Solfyre :grin:

Thanks @Trucriot I thought I was going to be waiting for another 3 months :rofl:

GREAT game @Solfyre and @Trucriot - 660 ticks and still stalemated … that will certainly go down as a legendary game!

@Karmadrome and @Solfyre: I presume you are ready for your game.
If you guys mutually agree, I can now create a map with Exp=ZERO … would you prefer that?

I’ve been ready for 3 months :wink:

I don’t mind either way on the exp setting

I don’t mind either

1 Like

@Karmadrome and @Solfyre have started their semi-final match here.

Winner goes against the Jolly Green Giant.

Just took a peek at tick #78 - nice work moving the game along guys.

@Solfyre has jumped out to a 64-54 lead … due to a nice incursion over on the left flank … but I do see a isolated star owned by @Karmadrome on the right side that could certainly create some havoc.

Hope the game map itself is playing well for you guys.

Good map so far with lots of options for attack plans. I have a bunch more stars, but we’ll see if it counts for anything as most of the ones I’ve nabbed in Karma’s territory are pretty lousy.

I’d say it’s pretty finely balanced at the moment…
Map is great, plenty of opportunity for mischief and typically uncomfortable early rounds.

At tick #162, @Solfyre is leading 66-60 against @Karmadrome

The map appears to be playing out quite well with hotly contested stars in the middle changing hands.

At tick #246, we got a tie ball game … 65-65! :wink:

@Karmadrome has the edge on ship-count - looks like an epic game is reaching the critical stage…

I’m considering a concession. I forgot to make a critical move last night to block an attack. Spent loads of cash on gates to do it and then inexplicably forgot to launch the ships. Weeks of careful play wrecked due to one mistake. I’m so angry I’m close to exploding… :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
It might take me a while to get over this…

Not taking anything away from @Solfyre who is a fantastic player and it’s been a great game up to this point.

Ouch … that’s a tough one @Karmadrome … been there, done that - sucks!

Hopefully you aren’t offended some my attempt at levity, but I did suggest in the other 1v1 thread that you HULK ANGRY in your game against @plug … but I certainly didn’t mean this way … :wink:

Not sure what to advise you and @Solfyre - both of you are highly skilled players and well matched. So while the game format semi-allows one to recover from minor mistakes (which we all make), it sounds like this one was a doozy … so unfortunately, it may be decided on that one mistake.

@Solfyre lead 67-63 against @Karmadrome at tick 306.
Looking at the Stats, the game appears pretty close - how goes it on the front lines?

P.S. I see a lot of intermixing of colors in the middle … so hopefully this map won’t “stalemate”

No stalemating here. Its a really good map with lots of possibilities even when we’ve been building up for some time. Tough to defend everything. I’ve got some trouble on the way for @Karmadrome that might be hard for him to deal with. I just barely managed to repel a big attack that he sent at me. I think things are looking good for me at the moment. I wasn’t feeling so confident last turn.

It’s the mistake coming back to haunt me. I lost a massive ship advantage and a star in a key strategic position. Not something I advise anyone to do against a strong player…

@Solfyre and @Karmadrome are almost up to 400 ticks … as it appears that @Solfyre is starting to streamroll ahead.

I just missed my turn :roll_eyes:, so I think it’s time to accept that this ain’t gonna happen.
Well played @Solfyre, good luck against @HULK
Time for @Karmadrome to have a rest and recharge those batteries…

@Karmadrome played an excellent game minus a boo boo or two. I was just telling him that that was my favorite 1v1 map so far. Loads of options all over the board. Rest up my battle weary friend, we’ll look forward to seeing you back as soon as you’re ready!

OK @HULK, you ready to get our clash on?!? This game will be for all the marbles of the August tourney???

Good game guys and congrats @Solfyre on defeating @Karmadrome - a top notch player.

@Solfyre - Things are a bit busy for me right now in RL … plus I’ve got some travel coming up in a little over a week. So sorry to put this off for a while, but for me, it would be best to start when I get back. Given your track record, I’ll to need to bring my “A” game … or I guess that would be the HULK SMASH game! :wink: