August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

@Karmadrome now leads 83-64 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #288 - game link

@Solfyre now leads 60-58 against @Trucriot at tick #372 - game link
Looks like he made a bold move up the middle, but paid a steep price in ships - TBD how that will develop.

@Karmadrome now leads 87-64 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #324 - game link
The infrastructure stats are much closer and @MalcolmReynolds is a wily veteran (as is @Karmadrome) … so we’ll have to see how it plays out.

@Solfyre still leads 60-58 against @Trucriot at tick #408 - game link
and after some bouncing around, appears to be holding the lead for a bit.
Looks like this could become a new record for longest 1v1 game! :wink:
Screenshot_2020-10-11 1v1 6630022761414656

Something strange happened in the latest release and anybody who had the special create game privileges will need me to enable them again.

I’ve done HULK and Tr0n. If there was anybody else who needed them please email me.

1 Like

@Karmadrome now leads 93-58 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #360 - game link

@Solfyre and @Trucriot are back to being tied at 59-59 at tick #432 - game link
Screenshot_2020-10-18 1v1 6630022761414656

At tick #366 I have resigned in my match vs. @Karmadrome. It was a close game for the most part, but I made some mistakes by building ECO somewhat recklessly and allowed him to slowly develop a ship count advantage, and that did me in. Good game, as always!

GG @MalcolmReynolds
I actually thought that big Eco move wasn’t too bad. I was already ahead on indy and ships, so I thought it was an interesting move. But overall it was definitely an interesting and fun tussle.

Looking forward to the next round :wink:

Congrats @Karmadrome and better luck next time @MalcolmReynolds.
I will update the first post with the results when I get back in town.

@Solfyre and @Trucriot are STILL tied at 59-59 at tick #486 - game link

If both of you mutually agree it’s a stalemated game, just want to give you the option to start another.
Although it appears you are having some skirmishes … so perhaps there will be a breakthrough.
Gotta be a crazy game! :wink:

After all the sweat and tears invested in this map, I’d like to see it resolved :wink: While my last two attempts failed due to @Solfyre scraping just enough ships together with great foresight, there’s probably more possibilities for both of us on the horizon, although the ship numbers admittedly begin to remind me of standard Triton endgames.

1v1Solfyre_Tick492

At tick #516 (!), @Trucriot is now UP against @Solfyre … 60-59! :wink:
He got Range sooner and grabbed the last outlying star - should be 60-60 soon.

And they are back to being tied at 60-60 at tick #534:wink:

@Solfyre and @Trucriot are STILL tied 60-60 … at Tick#600!
Game Link

Lol, they probably need a new map… looks like the victor of this game would be whoever has the best stamina.

LOL
The gap between them seems to be too big. With fixed Weapons 3 nobody will start an attack on Tick 600. I guess there are thousands of ships on their borders facing each other. Attacking first would be a suicide move…

It was hard on my last game with @panblanco with a gap of 8-10h between us on almost every star. But THIS seems to be even harder to find a way of attacking.

Without giving too much away, a small glimpse into what’s happening (also wanted to share that random but perfect 10000 :grin:)

Two different infrastructure approaches are currently deployed while we shuffle ships around, let’s see where things go.

When we no longer see any possibility of one of us gaining the upper hand, we’ll call it a draw.

Thanks for the sneak peak … one (both?) of you need to light up some borders stars, rush some ships in there, and put on the HULK SMASH! :wink:

Although yea, with the distances, that might be suicide … been there - done that many times!

Sorry this turned into such a slog for 'ya - I thought it looked like a good map … and if you guys had picked different routes to attack, it might be a wild slugfest with mutual advances on different parts of the map … but appears that both wily veteran players picked a similar optimized strategy, so you are semi-stalemated.

Again, happy to re-generate a new map for you guys when/if you are ready.

While this one wraps up, lets start a new 1v1 Tournament … sign up here!

Pinging the players who played the August 1v1 to consider signing up for December 1v1 tournament here
@Axson - @BelSon - @BOsshOgg - @Chumbles - @DarkDragonwing - @Dysp - @Golden_Ace - @Kaine - @Karmadrome - @kinghuang - @Lamina - @MalcolmReynolds - @Nassau - @nick.muzzio - @panblanco - @Ramjet - @Solfyre - @SuperDave - @The_AI - @TheLastHero - @Trucriot

Update: At Tick 648, we’re now both above 100k ships.

We’ve decided to officially call it a draw. Still a good ongoing pace, but it’s been 3.5 months now.

I told @Solfyre in September that I’d let him move on to the next round if the game ends in a draw - now the time has come, so @Karmadrome vs Solfyre is up next :smile:

It’s sad that after all the optimizations and strategics this game does not get a worthy conclusion, but it was super intense and characterized by great defensive maneuvers on both sides. There was a particular point where I thought I had him, just to see Solfyre masterfully scraping together just enough ships via a route I had not considered.

A 1v1 game of such epic proportions (ticks and ships) will likely never be seen again (especially with the tiebreaker introduction). Thanks Solfyre for keeping it captivating throughout!

2 Likes