Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Did you use a Gnostic Mage on him? Does the problem persist after a refresh of the browser?

I recently tried to do some damage to Immortal Hydra with a ranged attack from an Elven Archer. I got the animation effect but 0 deaths and 0 effect. I expected either a reduction in the Hydra’s strength or some indication that the Archers’ effect would be a no-op.

Is this something to add to the Archers’ (or Hydra’s?) card text? If I could whistle up an ideal scenario, I would have loved an alert that warned when using a card’s special ability will have no result … before I used the mana to trigger it. :smile:

Separate issue: I’ve taken command of a troll village (“Foxessump” in Blight of the Immortals) but cannot deploy a Troll Hunters card from my hand to it. I get the “You have no Troll settlements” warning when I go to play the card. Bug, or am I missing a requirement?

Elven princess and human general read the same in their ability description but elves get princess buff if she’s just in the same army even if she’s not the leader and not the same for the general. I don’t know if this is unintended or is it because she’s a rare she functions differently?

It isn’t necessarily going to do nothing. You made a 200 damage attack against a 2000 strength creature so you had a 10% chance to kill each creature in the army you targeted. There is only one creature in that army, so you end up with a 10% chance to kill that one creature. You didn’t make your 10%, so the creature didn’t die. If you made your 10%, the creature would have died.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. That explanation makes good sense.

if you have capslock on the shortcut keys stop working (yes i use capslock, mostly for kerbal space program) - is there any harm in the shortcut keys checking for upper and lower case?

wtf. Who has capslock enabled in this day and age. Its the first thing I turn off when I get a new computer!

I will try and fix later today.

capslock is a vital button … in some games - kerbal space program uses it for fine control of the ships

took me a while to realise what was going on, thought the whole game had broken

I already fixed, just have to wait till the next release later today.

Hey - another interesting ent math error in my game. Blight of the Immortals

Activated the power on the ents and it gave them 10 additional power, instead of 10x my mana.

Oh, sorry for this Beef, I fixed the bug this morning where if you use the gnostic mage on them you get whatever the current bonus is * the amount of mana. Thats why people were getting millions.

I had to calculate it differently this time and I wonder if there is some issue with ents that had been deployed before the change. I’ll write a patch now to see if I can fix for next time you cast this one!

Hello Jay,

I’ve enjoyed playing Blight the last few days. Noticed a couple of bugs:

Ent Buff’s not working:
This morning I’ve attempted to buff 4 Ents. One worked, three of them failed. For three of them, instead of applying the 4460 or so worth of strength correlating to the 446 Mana I had, only 10 additional strength was added to the Ent score. The game in question is this one: Blight of the Immortals and I was using my phone to do the buffs.

Dread Knight’s don’t move:
‘A Dread Knight wanders the land, drawing any nearby zombies towards him’ sounds terrifying, until the moment you realise the Dread Knight doesn’t actually do any wandering of the land at all, it stays in one spot and waits until you have built up enough troops to finish him off. I’ve seen this in two occurrences in the same game above, plus in a single player game as well. It means the Dread Knight is not that terrifying at all. In fact, he is pretty helpful- instead of the unending hordes descending upon you, they head towards that chap instead, giving you a respite until you have organised your troops to deal the final blow. If he did some wandering, as well as drawing zombies towards him, or drew zombies towards him for a bit and then did a bit of wandering, then he may well cause a bit of dread and warrant the name.

Keep up the good work Jay,

Rick

Just noticed the Ent Buff bug has been reported above already. I still got this error about 2 hours ago, so it doesn’t look like it has been fixed by your fix 9 hours ago.

Edit: just tested again and the error is still there. Buffed an Ent, it got +10 strength instead of +4440.

Thanks for those two issues. I will see if I can get to them today.

A couple of hours after I reported the Dread Knight issue one of them started moving by the way. Don’t know if you’d already done something or whether it just decided to go on a wander afterall.

I’m also seeing the Ent bug as of about ten minutes ago, though I’m not even getting the +10 strength others have reported. The game (almost over) is Blight of the Immortals and the Ent in question is [[338]] (right in the middle in the south).

I have seen Dread Knights start to move today though, which is nice! Much more of a nuisance when they actually attack you instead of just hanging out collecting zombies forever!

:smiley:

Hydra Lord description text says the Hydra Lord will open battle with a ranged attack dealing X * 600 damage, where X is the number of Hydra. In a stack with 2 hydra, Hydra Lord’s description still only read 600 damage and appears to only inflict 600 ranged damage prior to battle. Description text or calculation should be changed to align.

Likely something related to the recent Hero vs. Unit change I bet. My first instinct was that he was now a hero and that the card text hadn’t been updated, but I see quite clearly that he is in fact a unit… interesting…

Several times in my current game, I’ve activated the Ent’s Savage Behemoth, and it added no strength. Example attached