July/2019 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

FYI FWIW: Check out all the juicy stars in my 1v1 game against @SuperDave

How awesome would it be to see this every NP games … except here, he has the exact same position!
Should make for an interesting game, especially with cheap Science.

P.S. A bit busy in RL, so probably won’t be able to submit for another day or so.

@ZeusAlmighty and I still giving each other the What Fers in our match, no clear leader but I feel like I am making headway, whether that’s real or perceived since our star counts have been see-sawing pretty hard…

He’s got me on Econ currently but we’re pretty dead even in Ind/Sci. I would comment further but will hold my tongue until there’s a victor =]

Hoping that’s me so I can make good on my promise of getting my clock cleaned by my main man @Karmadrome lol

I’m sharpening my tools ready for ya @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS. Don’t you go chicken on me and lose now… :joy:

1 Like

Oh man, I just looked, you’re getting yer ass kicked @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS :chicken::chicken::chicken:

1 Like

It’s bc I am scared :rofl:

1 Like

It waz nice playing with ya Houseboat. Intense back and forth! Now who is next! :slightly_smiling_face:

Arrrrright folks, conceded v. @ZeusAlmighty - GOOD GAME M8

Joined v. @Gwimweeper weeeeeee! Sorry @Karmadrome - good luck!

How do you guys see each others games and stats? Not used to playing like this. Also, is there another link for the next game?

@ZeusAlmighty OP has most infos and game links, etc

Yea, I’ve been updating the first post … Brackets and game results/pairings should be up to date … and looks like all second round games have been joined.

Good job everyone keeping the games moving … I’m actually the laggard as had a bunch of RL stuff hit me … but hoping to get some time tomorrow to finally plot my conquest against @SuperDave and start HULK SMASHING!!!

Hope everyone is having fun …

@HULK…did you just say you want to be SUPER-D SMASHED?!? Oh man. I guess I’ll do it if you ask. Don’t blame me though is you end up oozing everywhere :joy:

Oh well another time… Good luck in your next one @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS

LOL @SuperDave … except pretty soon, this is what you will see:

And here’s what we plan to do when we reach your home system! :wink:
bMIvlvc

@SuperDave and I are having an intense game … and as we hit tick 72, I did an all-in move … and had to choose between attacking Star #1 or Star #2.

After waffling for a bit, I choose Star #2 … and unfortunately, @SuperDave guessed right and ALSO chose to defend-all that star … so the HULK is going to get SMASHED pretty hard this turn … :frowning:

This is a serious game-changer as I’d be sitting pretty if I had attacked Star #1 … it was a better one too! :wink:

@HULK are your psychic abilities failing for once?!?! I’m stunned.

@ZeusAlmighty and I are having a good old ding dong battle. He’s slightly ahead in the econ, ind, science and ships, but I hold a healthy lead in stars. Could be a long game…

I’m not dead yet! :dizzy_face:

I’ve conceded my game to @SuperDave. To clarify what I wrote above, he got some luck but I’m a believer that you “make” your own luck and it was great planning by him. Well done as he absolutely SMASHED the HULK with a devastating double punch - don’t think I’ve ever been wiped out so quick!

I don’t think SuperDave will mind me quoting his PM here:
Yeah, your timing on wiping out all your ships was perfect for me.I have to say I’m pretty pleased that you kindly you wiped out all your ships on your own :slight_smile:

3 cycles and 12 hours to take down @HULK with a few devastating body shots. I’d say it’s:

1 Like

That was more like a serious a** whipping!!! :wink:

@Karmadrome - as implied in SuperDave’s PM, maybe he was using Jedi Mind tricks to confuse the HULK and fall into his trap. I actually don’t think I could have made any better moves … for SuperDave! :wink:

FYI to all that I have updated the first post with the results.
I’m seeing some good close matches going on … so while it’s great if you can keep it moving, take your time to make your BEST moves … and long games are good.

FYI that @SuperDave and I were debriefing our last game (which I’ve flushed down the toilet - as I used to say when I coached Little League baseball and we got clobbered) and thinking about ways to increase the effect of Science.

What I’ve observed is if a player invests more in Science, the payback is pretty minimal in terms of different tech levels - have seen this on both sides. So the idea of making Science Cheap was to expand that possible different approach as another viable route to winning … rather than just an Indy-fest.

Right now, the core star starts at 20/20/4 … but what if it starts out with ZERO science … so basically the “ratio” of science between the Dr. Bruce Banner’s (invests in Science) and HULK’s (invest in Industry) increases and now there is more incentive to try the Science route?

If anyone would like to try this out in the tournament games (or any other parameter changes), let me know and I can create a game for you. Note that BOTH players would have to agree to the changes.