The good old days

I’m guessing not the first time you’ve been tricked by photoshop, and didn’t realise it until it was too late?

Im guessing you are a friend of Meatloaf or Daniel Mawbey (which i think is his TA). Don’t think a person would randomnly join this forum for no reason just to defend his actions. Someone from your chat room probably contacted you about it. Although I really don’t want to get into another argument with this again, I will say this one last time.

I think I can speak for most of the veterans here that photoshopping and creating a FAKE discussion post is a condemnable act. Especially since the fake post shows me insulting my old friends in vulgar ways that immediately ruined my relationship with them.

I think spreading fake discussion posts can definitely fall under “impersonating another player” for they are technically using my name and spreading false rumors and actions.

I strongly urge you to warn the player to not do the act again. If the action is repeated I would report it to Jay. But photoshopped discussion posts are definitely NOT okay on this game and ruins the point of diplomacy.

6 Likes

Must have been a lot of work, too. Definitely belongs in the category of #GetALife

2 Likes

No. I know VinegarStrokes IRL.

I was paying him out.

1 Like

Great to see so many weighing in on the topic. Had nothing more to say a few weeks ago. But now at this point I’ve decided to stop playing Neptune’s pride for the foreseeable future. Its positive that so many other veterans share my view that the loss of 64 matches has significantly impacted both how enjoyable playing this game is, and how far less skill and cooperation is required to pull of a big match win.

I made my girlfriend an account in an attempt to provide myself with an ally i can trust not to be turned against me by others. We ended up placing too far away to align, and as the fates would have it i placed near some high resource stars, two AFK players and a complete noob that i tricked into going in the opposite direction until i decided to sweep through them two cycles later. Only days after i had acquired a significant stat lead and was avoiding and abandoning stars to stay 2nd so the AI didnt turn on me. Did I then reach scanning with Aurora. She had Roger ramjet and the last hero for an alliance, I had chancho and tangibletaco, so we opted for war. Though i made it clear that based on all the 32 player matches ive played thus far, i have already won the match. Then accusations of having a fake account started coming in and Roger and Last hero aligned with a solitary player that was competing with my star count but had no allies. So she sent me her income for a couple cycles and then quit. Shortly after Roger and Hero did too along with some line about how their going to make a game called “cheesertos” where all the players are one person…

Now Im sitting at 210 stars with my ally chancho at 130. And Im just doing nothing. Because i dont want to be able to win a big match so easily, without the turmoil and skill Vinegar worded so well. And I dont want a 32 match victory badge to be mixed in with my 6 64 matches that were amazing and epic and i still remember so well years later.

If you dont even want to win a game anymore, you should probably stop playing that game.
Im allied with Vinegar in my other match, and ive decided to honour my first 64 win that he supported me too and came 2nd, by supporting him to a win this time round. Then im out of here for good. I looked at auroras inbox and saw actual camaraderie and proper alliance cooperation with Roger and Hero. The like of which i haven’t received in years. Im an excellent player yes, but this game cant be won without a loyal alliance (a fact others like to overlook when judging me, my 64 badges are irrefutable evidence of my ability to cooperate, but logic and neptunes pride dont have much to do with eachother anymore)

Maybe its my trolling thats at fault, maybe i throw a little to much salt at the wounded. Thats fine, i wont deny thats become the case as ive become more and more frustrated at those like Hallos and Kaine that allow envy and misunderstandings to affect their cooperation with others (i leave early in most 32s because i understand the game enough to know when someone has already won, they dont understand that, and so throw noob salt at me).
But i still like to actually play the game… A game that cant be played without a dedicated alliance. Its almost as if players no longer understand their are THREE top positions at the end that each provide rank, and just glance at my badges to see just how many ive gifted too great allies and competent enemies. (Though i am the reason toxics were removed, I gifted Mantis 7 toxics in a single match and he returned the favour, we both destroyed our stats over a border dispute)

Ill likely glance at this forum from time to time, but once ive helped Vinegar to victory, and decided whether to take the 32 win or give it to chancho. I am completely done. GG guys

PS. I will return if the 64 matches do!

Would you add your vote to the petition ?

1 Like

Gents I’m done…my name has offended the powers that be…so good luck all.

Did they offer to change the account name at least? Perhaps me misquoting you as Vanillastrokes was a sign from the gods… If it wasn’t flagged shortly after account creation, it should stand regardless. I literally just found out by googling it and so what =/

Stop driving away the dedicated players “powers that be” …god damn

I really disagree with your name being banned… driving vets away is not how we keep this game growing. Tbh I’ve seen way more offensive names get by just fine… and I doubt most ppl even know what vinegar strokes means… I had to google it lol.

@JayKyburz has let myself and a couple others (@BOsshOgg) change our true alias. I’ll DM you the link right now so you can change it if you want…

I really do sympathize with you on having trouble finding good allies. It’s impossible to win without them. The problem is that name and reputation carry across games, and past trolling makes people less likely to want to ally. This was my first game with you, and 5 separate players warned me to stay away. That combined with the 8 birdy badges doesn’t leave a good impression. (Most people won’t know the story with Mantis.)

I know that was the case with me… when I started playing I betrayed nearly every game and won a ton because of it. But after a few months, I could hardly find any allies anywhere. Took some time off and came back using a different name (same account) and focused on being a good ally and not betraying at all unless it was absolutely necessary. Today I have no trouble finding allies… not everyone knows me, but I think there are very few who actively dislike me and warn others about me.

Not sure what your solution is… I think the more games you play as an honest ally without trolling, the more people will be willing to give it another shot. But that’s just my perspective, can’t speak for others.

As for the game @Ramjet and I quit out of, there just wasn’t any point in sticking around. I started in an alliance of 5, including Tiernan, @Ramjet, your girlfriend, and Arachnid Threat. Tiernan was killed early on, and your girlfriend and Arachnid were either not playing the game at all, or sending you/your allies cash for several days in a row. We’d asked her to buy science for days and she didn’t do it until our betrayal fleets were in scanning range. She quit the next day. These are screenshots I sent to @Ramjet on Aug 20 when we finally decided to turn on them after days of this happening.

You played well managing the AI and empty stars to stay out of first place, but the dishonest allies on our team made the game unwinnable and unfun. We planned to stick around and fight to the end, but a family emergency on my side was a good enough reason to quit and take a week off. (Everything turned out fine thankfully). Normally I don’t quit out though.

I’ll say it again, @JayKyburz everyone wants the 64p games back!!

1 Like

That is actually outrageous that they banned your name for that. I have a link I can give you to change your true alias. Neptune's Pride

This is what Jay gave me to change mine. @JayKyburz, I can guarantee you now, that if 64 player games don’t come back, Neptune’s Pride will die out in the near future. Even your longest veterans are starting to quit. I suggest you take into deep consideration bring 64 player games back.

1 Like

Nobody banned VinegarStrokes, he is just throwing a hissyfit because @xjhdexter suggested he might like to change it because it a vinegar stroke is the last stroke of a cock before it cums. @xjhdexter didn’t say he had to change it.

@xjhdexter has been helping me moderate the forums here and has been very good at helping new players. I think he over stepped a little here, and I think he thinks the game is a little more family friendly than I do.

NP is an adult game and I don’t ban people for ban language. I certainly don’t give a shit about obscure euphemisms.

3 Likes

I can’t really respond to that without looking like I’m continuing a hissyfit I haven’t had. I said above that my name had offended the powers that be because I received this:

"I suppose many NP players already know you in-game by this name, Vinegar Strokes, and this sexual content can be considered by some to be vulgar or profane.

There are children & parents also reading in the forum & playing IHG games. We would like to keep the environment friendly towards that audience. Turning gamers away would reduce the revenue earned by Jay, which then he has to pay the servers for running the fun games. We would not want to create reasons to shut down, because we all want to play fun games."

Anyway, the above quote is completely antithetical with your last message so it’s good to have that cleared up.

1 Like

If I’m going to be completely honest though. In my years of playing with @VinegarStrokes, not once did I even know that his name meant that. Mostly because I didn’t think that would mean something like that. But honestly, NP isn’t really a game that’s supposed to be “kid-friendly”. If I was a kid and saw @JayKyburz’s profile pic, I would have had nightmares for days. And also, I don’t think kids would be able to develop this sense of patience and diplomacy that this game requires. And by the time they do develop such senses (probably high teens around 16+) they probably don’t care about names like that and probably are exposed to much more mature things than an obscure name like “VinegarStrokes”.

Like honestly, I doubt you can find a single kid in the entire world that reads the username “VinegarStrokes” and thinks, HEY, THAT’S A MALE ORGASM!!! AHAHAHAH! MATURE CONTENT!

I know I’m going overboard on my defense of VSS, but just wanted to express that Vinegar is a LONG time veteran and has had no problem with his username ever. I don’t even think any complaints even came in addressing his username. Bottom line, it’s not an offensive name, but a VERY obscure sexual term, for a game that shouldn’t even be played by little kids (and probably isn’t). As far as I know, I still hold the record for the youngest age to play this game. And I am pretty sure I am still the youngest player now.

“Like honestly, I doubt you can find a single kid in the entire world that reads the username “VinegarStrokes” and thinks, HEY, THAT’S A MALE ORGASM!!! AHAHAHAH! MATURE CONTENT!”

LOL

Yeah my stat lead was outrageous. I got some feed off Pyro aswell after offering to harbour a star for rank at the end. But truly the biggest thing was the high resource stars i got at the beginning along with nicking a good 11 or so south under one of the AFK players that hadn’t become AI yet. Its funny because this situation in itself is the only real reason i can think of justifying downsizing 64 matches to 32, and yet the same thing happens anyway which makes the minimisation redundant. I would even argue its worse in a 32. In a 64, like you guys have mentioned, the early leader very rarely got to even see the end game of a 64. Had that game been a 64 me and my two puny allies i was shielding would of been wiped out quick smart, likely with a nova attack from Big Bad Bob and Ungoliant.

I think on paper the 32 player matches do seem like an improvement, games start sooner, less AFKs. But in practise it has lessened the intensity and enjoyment and required skill to do well.

Also just as my final aside to my trolling screwing me because everyone warns everyone else against me every match. Half of those players, the majority, do so because previously i have uttered teared apart their ass (chill dexter this isnt primary school) and so they want me removed from the galaxy ASAP so they can actually win :wink:

Its funny because i always interpreted your name as being something about music… SO i was waaaaay off

Also Dex, dont reference harming Jays revenue as a motivator to keep players happy :stuck_out_tongue: thats got a tax feel to it and even though them toxics costed ten bloody dollars each, they still got banned after Mantis and I abused them :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I probably would have gifted Jay fifteen toxics for removing 64 matches, and i doubt the first thought would of been hey hey look at dat revenue

Lmaooo