December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Keel hauling is more interesting in hard vacuum.

1 Like

The forces of light (blue) have defeated the forces of dark (blue) in my game vs @Roedhip Was a fun game, He tried to do a fast indy/warp gate build that almost worked, but I was just about able to hold him off in the early game, and out-expand and outscale. Thanks for a fun game, looking forward to the challenge of @Trucriot in the next round.

Thanks for the update - I have updated the first post with the latest results.
Both @Cryptious and @Trucriot should join your round 2 game and start the carnage! :wink:

We have two more games left to conclude in round 1:
10. @Zatoc vs @exOrbitant - game link
13. @DarkDragonwing vs @Tristanvds - game link

Congrats @Cryptious and hope to see more from @Roedhip as well in the future :slight_smile:

I took the win in my game with @Tristanvds after he conceded.

It was his first 1v1 game and he managed it well and did not make it easy for me. Unfortunately, his RL did not allow him to focus on our game any longer, so he decided to concede.

I really hope we will see him again in some future tournament!

I will join my next game against @Dr_Gaming.

Ditto @Tristanvds that hope to see you in the next 1v1 tournament.
Congrats @DarkDragonwing on advancing and yes, please join your round 2 match again @Dr_Gaming

The last round 1 game is between @Zatoc and @exOrbitant … and it appears to be a doozy!
So while I appreciate you guys keeping the game moving, please take your time to make your best move.

We are getting there

It is a close affair with 1 star moving hands each week on each flank before mad rush with reinforcements plugs the gaps

I am moving as quickly as I can. Hoping my research edge pays off

I’ve just conceded against @plug. I was comprehensively outplayed, nothing more to say about it…
Good Luck @plug. Hopefully you’ll have a good run in this one.

Congrats @plug on the win - @Karmadrome is a very strong player as I have battle scars from him.

First post is updated - you’ll play the winner of @DarkDragonwing and @Dr_Gaming

Thanks for the congrats - but it was much closer than @Karmadrome says. These games can hinge on a defensive victory by literally 1 ship, and I had a few of those at the start. It was a privilege to pit my wits against such a solid player.

I’m looking forward to taking on one of you @DarkDragonwing and @Dr_Gaming

Happy New Year to everyone - hopefully your Space Marines aren’t too hung over and ready to battle! :wink:

@exOrbitant - it looks like you have missed two turns … so @Zatoc has further increasing his lead over 'ya … are you still playing … or ready to concede?

I’m ready for whoever makes it out of that game! I’ve joined the game and made my initial moves. Can’t wait! :smiley:

The map looks like it will be pure chaos in the middle. With so many stars very close together and nowhere else to go, I’m sure there will be casualties aplenty.

Pinging the players from the December tournament to consider signing up for the new 1v1 Legendary Level League here :wink:

@HULK - @Trucriot - @TheLastHero - @Karmadrome - @kinghuang - @Zatoc - @panblanco - @SimonMiaou - @Keeves - @DarkDragonwing - @Roedhip - @BelSon - @Cryptious - @Birel - @exOrbitant - @Kaine - @Solfyre - @GluteusMaximusII - @Macomber - @DarkLord123 - @Dysp - @Dr_Gaming - @rubensan - @plug - @HOUSEBOAT_THANGS - @Tristanvds - @gaz123

Unless my 64 player game goes very poorly very quickly I’ve got both my slots filled right now so afraid I can’t make it.

That’s unfortunate, maybe next edition then! :slight_smile: Keep in mind the deadline is only January 7, so if a game slot opens up unexpectedly (which I don’t wish for you of course) feel free to still hop on until then.

Unfortunately I got crushed in my game against @Trucriot He out expanded me early, and just ground me down with some clever attacks. Well played, was a fun game, good luck for the rest of the tournament. I learnt some valuable lessons about the early expansion, look forward to putting them into practice in the next one.

1 Like

Crushed isn’t the word I’d use to describe an intense game over 258 ticks :wink: Kept me on edge for most of it with some surprise tactical moves - looking forward to seeing more from @Cryptious in future 1v1s! Thanks for the great pace as well, our whole game only took roughly a week to finish because of very regular submits and re-submits.

Sounds like some well-contested games going on - I hope everyone is having fun.
@kinghuang fought tough and we went 342 ticks before I was finally able to HULK SMASH him! :wink:

I’ve updated the first post with the latest results … and the only round #3 ready to start is @panblanco versus the Jolly Green Giant - sent you a PM if you are ready for some SMASHING! :wink:

Great game, @HULK! I thought I had a good start. But, it quickly went downhill once I learned the meaning of the hulk smash! I’ll be ready, next time! :smiley:

I managed to out-expand Zatoc in the middle and made some quick gains which led to an early victor. Thanks for the game @Zatoc! On to the next. :slight_smile: Time for @GluteusMaximusII ! Looks like there is a map for us. Shall we get it going?